Loud fans on the Optimus Pro

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
@boggi12

Hi again,
I've sent a return request to PCS because I'm worried that if I keep this laptop it isn't going to last very long and I'll end up having to get a new one a lot sooner than I expected. I know that some people would have no complaints about the laptop because the specs of the machine are quite good, it's the outside that seems to be the let down. I don't think the hinges are the worst I've ever seen, but when paying this amount of money I expected a higher quality build. Also, whatever material the laptop is made from seems to easily collect smudges, so it's hard to keep it looking clean all the time.

The good thing about PCS is that they give you 30 days to figure out if this is the right laptop for you, and I cannot fault the moderators of this forum at all. I'm glad that I'm not stuck with a laptop that I would begin to hate, and I can get one that suites me better.
Definitely return it if you're not happy. If you keep it you're just going to like it less and less. Shame. :(

D

Deleted member 17413

I think you may have got a duff chassis.
Ive had two laptops off PCS over past 10 years, ive never had issues llike you say with keys, but I also tend to go for backlit keyboards so they are a little different.

Both laptops i have had have been Clevo chassis, and its gotta be said they do some good ones and some truely terrible ones.
Current one is a P775DM3 (Octane III was the build name) and the fans would always be on full whenever i was in a game. Bit of a dust monster too, surface seems to attract is so needs cleaning a lot.

When I look at the current machines, I dont actually thing the chassis are great for heavy gaming, mine has a pretty big base to it and a lot of vents and it still would get warm on a proper session, current ones just dont look designed to cope with that.
Too slim, I used to sit on mine for 8 or 9 hours at a time sometimes i'd be worried the ones on the site might melt :O

Tmforshaw

@sibun1
Yeah, to be honest, the keyboard doesn't bend so it has that going for it, but I think I'd rather spend a bit more and get a main branded laptop that has a higher overall build quality than this.

I have still enjoyed having it though because it's much faster and way more powerful than my last laptop, so it's gonna be a bit disappointing going back.