Low FPS games - on Laptop

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
Hey, so I've had this laptop for about a year now and I'm having quiet low fps on games, playing Wow - which in main city I run about 40-50 fps on medium settings, and I think with my laptop I should be able to run more, same with Escape from tarkov I have to have everything on low and it barely runs on 60 fps, when I check my gpu usage its usually at around 60%.
Is there anything you'd recommend doing? Since I had it for over a year I haven't reinstalled it or cleaned it or anything, maybe that would be usefull?
9jb39zH.png

Thank you!

Bhuna50

Author Level
Is this something you have had all the time or only just recently?

Have you checked temperatures as well as usage percentage?

If you have had the laptop a year, have you 'repasted' at all / cleaned / dusted out the inside at all?

Hot temps could mean that the GPU / CPU are throttling themselves (slowing down to keep temps down).

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
Is this something you have had all the time or only just recently?

Have you checked temperatures as well as usage percentage?

If you have had the laptop a year, have you 'repasted' at all / cleaned / dusted out the inside at all?

Hot temps could mean that the GPU / CPU are throttling themselves (slowing down to keep temps down).
Not since I had it, it used to run better I think, the temperatures are the same around 89-90 as it was when I got it, but few times I got blue screen and once it happened about a week ago my laptop completely froze, then I restarted it and it had problems starting up, it went to the loading screen when you starting up pc like 10-15 times over and over, it was trying to start up for like 10-15 minutes, then it finally started again. I thought like it was some software problem. and I havent cleand it repasted it at all, but as I said it doesnt seem to be overheating but could try it

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not since I had it, it used to run better I think, the temperatures are the same around 89-90 as it was when I got it, but few times I got blue screen and once it happened about a week ago my laptop completely froze, then I restarted it and it had problems starting up, it went to the loading screen when you starting up pc like 10-15 times over and over, it was trying to start up for like 10-15 minutes, then it finally started again. I thought like it was some software problem. and I havent cleand it repasted it at all, but as I said it doesnt seem to be overheating but could try it
What did PCS do to resolve this issue?

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
What did PCS do to resolve this issue?

Nothing, if you mean the thing where it wouldnt start up, it started up on its own after like 15 minutes, but for like 15 minutes it wouldnt be able to turn on the laptop

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nothing, if you mean the thing where it wouldnt start up, it started up on its own after like 15 minutes, but for like 15 minutes it wouldnt be able to turn on the laptop
No, that was due to slow performance and low FPS and the GPU seeming to be capped in frequency.

We recommended to get the BIOS reflashed by PCS as it's a known issue with the TongFang Control Center app writing incorrect PL values to the BIOS.

If you haven't done that, it's not going to fix itself unfortunately.

But also, if you haven't repasted and serviced it, you'll need to do that also by now.

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
No, that was due to slow performance and low FPS and the GPU seeming to be capped in frequency.

We recommended to get the BIOS reflashed by PCS as it's a known issue with the TongFang Control Center app writing incorrect PL values to the BIOS.

If you haven't done that, it's not going to fix itself unfortunately.

But also, if you haven't repasted and serviced it, you'll need to do that also by now.
I had reflashed it once before months ago you suggested it to me, I had similar problem but back then everything was lagging even google chrome, discord etc.. now most of the things are fine it just seems that gpu is capping a like 50-60% maybe really I Should just clean it and repast it. Btw just wanted to check my temepratures again and control centre wont load itself when I turn it on

Bhuna50

Author Level
I had reflashed it once before months ago you suggested it to me, I had similar problem but back then everything was lagging even google chrome, discord etc.. now most of the things are fine it just seems that gpu is capping a like 50-60% maybe really I Should just clean it and repast it. Btw just wanted to check my temepratures again and control centre wont load itself when I turn it on

you reflashed the bios - was this under the instructions of PCS / with a file provided by them?

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
you reflashed the bios - was this under the instructions of PCS / with a file provided by them?
Yes it was, they sent it to me, but it was back in March so it has nothing to do with it I think, do you think I should do it again? But back then it was much worse, as I Said even google chrome was going extrmely slowly, now its just the games, they still run fine but only on low settings

Bhuna50

Author Level
Yes it was, they sent it to me, but it was back in March so it has nothing to do with it I think, do you think I should do it again? But back then it was much worse, as I Said even google chrome was going extrmely slowly, now its just the games, they still run fine but only on low settings
No - not unless PCS advise you to.

Have you checked your fan settings etc - you havent got it in office mode when you are trying to game or something like that?

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
No - not unless PCS advise you to.

Have you checked your fan settings etc - you havent got it in office mode when you are trying to game or something like that?
No I have tried putting all my settings to high performance and gaming modes

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Previously you'd said you didn't do anything to correct it? Sorry little confused?