Low FPS in games 6800XT

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
Can someone help me please I’m currently experiencing low FPS in games to what I have seen on the same spec pc on yotube. I’m running at 240hz 1080p monitor with competitive settings. I have got the amd software installed I can see my clock speeds are all over the place.
would really appreciate some help please.

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

First thing to check is that windows and AMD are all up to date

Can you give some examples of what FPS you are hitting in what games

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah everything is all up to date. I’m only hitting 140fps in warzone which ain’t good at all knowing how powerful the 6800xt is. YouTube videos show around 190fps with the same build spec as my pc. Could I have a faulty GPU? Really appreciate your reply.

It's unlikely you have a faulty GPU if you're hitting 140fps. (not impossible tho). How are other games as well?

There's many things that can impact what Frames you are getting. Youtube benchmarks aren't always the most accurate either as every PC is different so don't take them as gospel

Just a few things to check. What is your screen refresh rate set to in windows in display settings? (might be set to 144htz)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah everything is all up to date. I’m only hitting 140fps in warzone which ain’t good at all knowing how powerful the 6800xt is. YouTube videos show around 190fps with the same build spec as my pc. Could I have a faulty GPU? Really appreciate your reply.
Did you order with windows or without?

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
It's unlikely you have a faulty GPU if you're hitting 140fps. (not impossible tho). How are other games as well?

There's many things that can impact what Frames you are getting. Youtube benchmarks aren't always the most accurate either as every PC is different so don't take them as gospel

Just a few things to check. What is your screen refresh rate set to in windows in display settings? (might be set to 144htz)
Would be so happy to think it ain’t going to be a faulty GPU. I have set my monitor to 240hz.

My PCIE cable I changed to have 2x cables. Could this be the issue cause I added one more cable?

Did you order with windows or without?
I ordered with windows. Thank you so much for your help I do appreciate it.

Would be so happy to think it ain’t going to be a faulty GPU. I have set my monitor to 240hz.

My PCIE cable I changed to have 2x cables. Could this be the issue cause I added one more cable?
No that's the optimal set up for GPUs.

What in game settings are you using?

I don't play warzone so don't know the optimal settings, but have you tried playing around with them?

https://dotesports.com/call-of-duty/news/how-to-increase-your-fps-in-call-of-duty-warzone

Are you running any other programs in the background? etc

Is there any other games you can try and see what FPS you are getting. (will help to narrow it down if its the game or something else)

Harag

Gold Level Poster
I don't play warzone but this video might help you. I know it says ryzen 5, but you never know, the same tweak might work on 7 - can't hurt to try.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Hmm, 140 fps sounds a very rounded number especially for a 1080 monitor. just to rule it out, put the game on the lowest settings possible and see if 140 is still max, if so, then maybe it might be something like v-sync or something. I don't use AMD so not sure if there is any external setting like there can be in NVIDIA panel.

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
Can someone help me please I’m currently experiencing low FPS in games to what I have seen on the same spec pc on yotube. I’m running at 240hz 1080p monitor with competitive settings. I have got the amd software installed I can see my clock speeds are all over the place.
would really appreciate some help please.

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
If your PC has BullGuard installed, that could be the case. Delete BullGuard if you have it, as the Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 runs just as good as BullGuard, and has no issues such as FPS drops. I’ve seen people complain that BullGuard severely drops FPS in their games.

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
The average is around 140fps. I’m currently using just the Windows anti virus cause this system is strictly for competitive gaming.

should I enable smart access memory (SAM) would this help ? Will it void my warranty if I do this ?