Magnet Fishing anyone?

Cobblers

Enthusiast
As a change of pace (and by that I mean away from 3060/80... series discussions) I wondered if anyone here has ever taken up 'Magnet Fishing'? See video for reference if you don't know what I mean.

I've got a 250kg magnet and was doing it regularly until Covid hit... it's A LOT of fun and a bit like opening an in-game mystery box as you never know what that magnet will hit next.

The best I have managed to get is a meat cleaver, crowbar, a mini safe (with about £2 worth of pennies in it) a few bikes....

Anyone else?

I thought you were on about these when i read the title :ROFLMAO:

s-l500.jpg

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I thought you were on about these when i read the title :ROFLMAO:

s-l500.jpg

That's the "Learner" model....

Nursemorph - LMAO I should add that it strong enough to pick up 250KG - if the connection is right. But you are on to something though, as Magnet fishing is a really good work out.

First off you have the fresh ait... good for the lungs. Vit D from the sunshine if you choose to do it like me during the Spring/Summer (no I am no stupid enough to do it during the winter). But when you do get a good "purchase" on whatever is down below you can find yourself struggling to lift it...

Bhuna50

Author Level
Is it an acceptable exercise to be allowed to leave the house for under current lockdown rules?

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Really? Hmmm, the nice weather is only around the corner... but still too cold at the moment, hands will freeze - at least mine do.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Surely it should be called ironing? I mean, fishing implies that you're trying to catch fish with a worm on a hook, so trying to catch anything made of iron with a magnet on a bit of string should be called ironing. [emoji848]

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Resistance.... we really are worlds apart in both love of games as well as our tolerance for the cold. :)

Ubuysa - yeah, the wife would love that too "off to do some ironing" she'd think I was great until the clothes pile didn't go down. :p

Honestly it is so much fun. Ever played WoW and done fishing and thought "on this go I'll get treasure..." it's a bit like that.

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I do like cycling, but prefer to take the dogs out on a trek.

Afraid I'd crash or lose the drone... what's the purpose anyway, photography?