Major Malfunction - 2 Days OLD !!!

Numpty

I've had my new PC 2 days and to be honest it's been no fun at all...

Friday and Saturday have been nothing more than a painful hunt for the cause of constant blue screens...
Started with the obvious by removing the O/C and running defaults, no change.
Next was trawling through the numerous mini dumps to find out it was the Nvidia drivers due to the HD audio and server component for Nvidia Shield.

Next problem was Daemon tools which brought a number of freezes, no BSOD just a locked up system, so in the bin with that !

All was looking good and set about transferring some of my work files from the old PC across the lan, all was looking good until this morning I find a PC sat cycling an attempt to reboot !!

This is not a software reboot at it isn't posting and is switching off and on at 1 second intervals !!
Asus start button and reset buttons do nothing the only clue I can see is the motherboard has Q LEDs and the only one lighting up before the 1 second cycle is the CPU light !!

So if it is the CPU does that mean I have a faulty H100 being as all the clocks where set to default while tracking the BSOD problem from the day I got it !!!!

Any ideas on how to proceed ????

Symptoms are, hit the on switch on the PC and it spins up 1 second lighting up GFX cards and cooler, PSU clicks and powers down and 1 second later tries to power up and just continues like that...

Not a good start for life with a 3K PC....

- Corsair Graphite Series 600T White
- Intel i7-4770k O/C 4.2 Ghz
- Asus Maximus VI Hero
- 32GB Kingston HYPERX Beast (2400MHz)
- 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD
- 2TB WD Caviar Black
- 3GB Geforce GTX 780 (2 way SLI)
- Corsair H100i Hydro
- Corsair 1050W Pro HX1050-80

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Disappointing I know but stuff happens. You might try opening it up and checking that everything is still seated properly (RAM, plugs, sockets etc.) sometimes parts work loose in transit. Otherwise call PCS today.

steaky360

I'd agree with the above, however I'd add the caviat to Ubuysa's advice that even if you do get the PC to start and be stable I'd at least consider giving PCS a call just to make sure they know something was up and can make a note of it. That way if anything occurs down the line (fingers crossed it won't, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared) then you've already mentioned some of the issues you have experienced already.

Numpty

As it turns out it's somewhat more serious than a loose connection, it seems we pay the price for jumping on new generations of CPU's and chipsets.

It appears the Asus ROG boards with the Z87 Express chipset are causing a few problems, I'm sure a Bios update will appear if forum activity is anything to go by...
Asus Ai hates Haswell, Daemon tools hated everything, Nvidia HD audio drivers are a problem and if you try the Beta drivers the server component for Nvidia Shield will give huge grief !!
Also the Corsair Link software and drivers don't play nice with Haswell, the H100 does not read or report CPU temps in the software, there are reports some Beta drivers but who knows if they work..
All the above will get fixed with patches and potions but right now it's not so good and it's right now I have a pile of rendering to get done !!!

As it stands my terrible start to life with my dream PC has been a combination of poor drivers, crappy software and a possible combination of Bios or cooler drivers breaking something..

Full marks to PCS, very helpful on the phone and they took their time to go through my 2 day list of checks, tests and mini dump discoveries, but sadly the Beast has been sent back for an autopsy, I would suggest PCS up their testing procedure in some way to catch a few of these, it would save on customer frustration and courier costs, maybe a few extra tests on Generation changes of chipset and processors, the errors here are not the fault of PCS but spotting them early saves everyone some stress....