Mamba or Naga?

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
I am looking to buy a new mouse as I may as well with my new rig, I have narrowed it down to these two, the Razer Naga or Mamba, I want a mouse that's good for FPS but I also may play WoW... so the Naga would be best right?

But why is the Mamba so expensive in comparison? am I missing something?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Cus the Mamba is friggin awesome lolol.

I would vote the mamba anyday, but then I have one thats why. It is a lovely mouse, best mouse ive used hands down. I cant compare with the naga though as ive only used one briefly.

pr1s0ner

Either would be amazing, but really Mamba if your more fps, naga more mmo.
The extra cost for the mamba is mainly for the additional laser accuracy, and silly fast response time - 1ms!!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Either would be amazing, but really Mamba if your more fps, naga more mmo.
The extra cost for the mamba is mainly for the additional laser accuracy, and silly fast response time - 1ms!!

And considering its wireless that is incredible response time. Although you can ahve it wired if you like too.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
I think I will get the Mamba, now I guess I need a mouse-mat :D

P.S: Did you use a website to make that signature Frenchy?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I think I will get the Mamba, now I guess I need a mouse-mat :D

P.S: Did you use a website to make that signature Frenchy?

Naa justa 5 minute job in photoshop lol. Also theres a new mamba, the green one. I have the blue one, btu green one is even more sensitive and same price, although means you could probably get my onw (blue one) fro a bit cheaper.

Mouse mat wise I have the golliathus control alpha, which is amazing and huge lol.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
I think I will get the blue one, not sure my case is lit up blue so it will match :p

Depends if the blue one is cheaper though :) I will have a look at that mouse mat now :D

Teaz

Godlike
That green mamba is the one with the new 4G sensors. It isnt just green, it can change colours too. you can look at it here

Its price is about the same as the old one so as said, you may get the old model one perhaps but when i last check, they are going to be out of production soon or now?

MeveM

Bright Spark
Surpricing how noone's asked anything about hand size.

The Mamba has the same shape as the Death Adder, and the Death Adder is useless if you've got large hands like me, the bent out front corners prevent your ring finger from laying comfortably against the mouse, it forces you to move your grip back, so you can either have your ring finger rest on the annoying bend at the front, or not have your palm touch the mouse and just hold it with your fingers.

So if you've got large hands, I'd go with the Naga.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Luckily for me my hands are not so big (that's what she said?) I ordered the Mamba yesterday, received it today, looks awesome, feels awesome and I am sure it will be awesome when I try it out properly :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Good to hear ^^ Wish I could shrink my hands, I'm still using my 6 year old intelli 1.1 mouse by microsoft, and I've had the same mouse twice before that, can't find any comfortable proper gaming mice, they're all made for female sized hands.
My partner has a fancy Razer mouse and it's useless to me. Was concidering the Coolermaster Inferno but dunno, they're not exactly known for making mice :p I never actually concidered the Naga due to the silly amount of side buttons that I wouldn't use. I play MMO's though, but I also play FPS's and many other type of games. Think it's Inferno, naga or another intelli for me, my mouse is that old its scrapeing the mousepad now.

Last edited:

MeveM

Bright Spark
Anyone tried the Imperator or the Orochi? both by Razor.
Neither of those two mice that that stupid outwards bend the Death Adder, Mamba and even the Naga have.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
does the mamba have variable sensativity?i have a dpi switch on my current mouse i find it quite handy.

M3aaaq

Enthusiast
Yes it does have that bowen i bought mine today and it's awesome ^^ i have the one with the 3.5g sensors tho