Mass Effect 2 - Lair Of The Shadow Broker (bug tip)

Xavien

Enthusiast
Dont worry no spoilers in my post for those who havent played it yet, only some serious help.

As most people have probably done, ive just ran through the DLC with my current careers but recently decided to go through mass effect 1 and 2 again with yet another lot of different choices.

However it seems that LOTSB has some serious problems. One of them i have encountered and several others have as well is that when you get to the point in the game where you do the hacked terminals for Liara, you try to go down the hallway under her office and the game crashes.

As per normal for software developers there doesnt seem to be official word on a fix for it but there is a work around.

You dont get the LOTSB DLC email if you start a new game until you have completed horizon, it then pops up. I think that it shouldnt appear until youve completed Liaras terminal hack missions so i think there is a conflict here.

The work around works for 99% of people but there are the odd few that are still having problems. Change your game settings to "Windowed (no border) and you can happily walk through the hallway without it crashing. Ive been told once your through you can change it back but best to be on the safe side and finish all of Liaras side missons first. Or at least have plenty of saves.

I hope this helps anyone who may encounter this problem before they decide to patch it!