Mass Effect 3

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
Picked this up for a few quid over the last few days.

There seems to have been an active mod community for a while and they've updated a few things... does anyone know where to get a High Res textures file or something that makes the game look better. (nice gameplay, but truly awful looking sky decals and clothing decals)

B

I have always used Texmod for the Mass Effect games.

If memory serves there are a lot of mods for all three games on the Bioware website; mods tend to be small improvements to specific parts with one focusing on textures for one area (The Citadel) and others for each character model. I end up running around 72 individual mods to improve nearly everything important throughout the game giving it nice visual boost.

Two notes for Mass Effect 3 though:

1) As with the other two games actually using Texmod will cause the game's initial load time to increase to about 5 mins (i.e: From desktop to the games Main Menu); once the games up and running there are no significant increases to load times in my experience.

2) Mass Effect 3 DLC doesn't like mods and EA's servers will deactivate all DLC, but there is a workaround (should also be noted on Bioware website). From memory: you boot ME3 (using Texmod) to 'Press Start' screen then alt tab to run workaround program which will undo EA's overzealous mod blocker.

The above is all from memory so i'll try to check when I have access to my PC.

sted

Rising Star
Yeah, you have to trick origin in to thinking the game is already running which (one quicker in the long run option) consists of making a batch file that temporarily switches the names of ME3's exe and TexMod. Just keep in mind that not all mods are used with TexMod in ME3, there are some that require me3explorer. I've not used that one but it seems like it's a lot more complicated. All HD/HR mods should work through TexMod though and a number of other mods.

Instructions are from here.

To use these textures, you need the software Texmod: Download
/// Users of Windows 8.1 set Texmod in windows XP compatibility mode. ///

Instructions for dealing with Origin:

- Put the file Texmod.exe in your game folder Win32 (alongside the game's executable.).

- Edit this file with Notepad: https://www.mediafir...658s2bboj58c0hu

- Change the 5 times the path where you have installed your game, for example on my PC is:
D:\Origin\games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\MassEffect3.exe.
Put your right installation path.

- Save the changes to the bat file (like .bat not .txt)

- Open Origin.

- Now run the file MassEffect3.bat.

- Press Y and then Enter key.

- Start the game FROM ORIGIN WINDOW (it will open Texmod)

- Press a Space bar 2 times on the window of MassEffect3.bat (the window will close)

- Now you can use texmod, first select the game .exe file (MassEffect3.exe) pressing the big folder icon, then the mods you want to use (.tpf files) in the middle small folder icon and press Run.

I have the .bat file on the desktop so it's quicker to use.