Matt Screen or Glossy

micada329

Bronze Level Poster
I have ordered a Vortex 111
and would like to know if anyone has experience of the matt screen please, as opposed to glossy
Thank you

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
If you plan to be working in areas with lots of light, or by a window or something then the glossy screen cab be a bit of a pain. I have heard good things about the matte screen from reviews by people who bought it, though no experiance myself.

Vaio

Enthusiast
I have both glossy laptop and monitor, and a matte laptop which i recently bought. Personally I prefer glossy purely because the image it gives out is a lot more clearer/crisp
There is however reflections which can get annoying but to be honest, I have my laptop above a skylight window and there's mirrored cuboards behind me! and it doesn't bother me too much. IF you use or plan to use the laptop outside regularly then you won't see a thing with glossy on a clear day.
Matte on the other hand gives out a nice clay type of effect :p hard to explain, but it looks nice.

Last edited:

dangro474

Bright Spark
Matte.

Screen reflections ruin your experience far too often and gaming by the screne light alone will damage your eyes.

Plus the 72% and 95% NTFS screens look amazing compared to the standard 60% Glossy screens.