Measuring Temperatures

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
Good evening,

My system uses an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard with Intel i7-3770k and NVidia GeForce GTX 680.

What is the best way to monitor the mobo and graphics temperatures and fan speeds, please?

This is not for overclocking, but to keep an eye on when I should do some dusting!

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
Many thanks for your quick reply.

Since my original post, I've been rummaging through the welcome pack sent with my PCS computer and have discovered disks with Asus and NVidia utilities which would appear to do the job.

Any idea if these are any good, please?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Many thanks for your quick reply.

Since my original post, I've been rummaging through the welcome pack sent with my PCS computer and have discovered disks with Asus and NVidia utilities which would appear to do the job.

Any idea if these are any good, please?
I've always found the Asus monitoring software to be a bit iffy to be honest.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yea agreed both of those programs are ideal for temps. Ive used both in the past without issue.

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
I've now installed HWMonitor but I'd like a little help to interpret the results, please.

The temperatures and fan speeds with CPU or core are obvious, but what is TZ00, TZ01 and TMPIN3?

Also under NVidia GTX 860, there's TMPIN0 but no mention of the GPU temperature.

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
Anyone, please?

HWM is recognising I have a GTX 860, but if TMPIN0 isn't the GPU temperature (and I don't think it is) then I'll have to try the Piriform Speccy.

Thanks.