Media Player

Roy03

I've just ordered a new PC from PCS, Is it true that there is no media player with Windows 10, and if not is there a free media player available to download
many thanks in advance
Roy

jerpers

Master
Windows media player should come with windows 10. If you ordered a DVD drive with the PC, you should get a version of cyberlink powered

Spuff

Expert
I forget what it's all called, but the thing that organises your music and plays it is present in W10.

jerpers

Master
Last night I discovered big drawbacks with WMP in windows 10. I had originally ripped 90% of my music collection as WAV files due to the apparent superior quality of this lossless format. I then discovered that my SONOS did not recognise track numbers and albums were all filed alphabetically. This is due to WAV files not holding all tags. I then discovered I should have used FLAC to maintain lossless quality and the tags.
This is WMP 10 comes in. Despite Microsoft claims that it is compatible, if you have FLAC files in your music database, WMP crashes on opening. It seems to be ok if you only have a couple of albums but beyond that useless. Reverting back to my cyberlink suite I got heavily discounted from work, it turns out you need the premium version of Power2Go for FLAC so I am currently having to rip one CD at a time in WMP, move it to my NAS then do the next one.
VLC is great as a player but I cannot find if you can use it to RIP CD's.