metro 2033 vs 2033 redux

EYEONME

Hi,

Seen as I'm looking at games, metro 2033 looked ok and can be picked up cheap, but do I get it or wait for the REDUX version? Depending on price?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well if you have got the system to run the higher def redux version and you enjoy pretty games then sure go for it. But the old version still looks great and I can almost max out the original on a single GTX570 which is an oldish card now

DT87

Gold Level Poster
Is this one of the best graphical games on PC?

Or would you recommend something else in terms of showing off what a pc can do?

To a console fan-boy example?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Is this one of the best graphical games on PC?

Or would you recommend something else in terms of showing off what a pc can do?

To a console fan-boy example?

well, i'd say metro last light is stunning, as is tomb raider. I find bf3/4 look alright but the gameplay is weak. Far cry 3 is stunning and one of the best games I've ever played.

T

TheGeeza

I agree with tom. Metro LL is one of the best looking PC games I've played so far.
Crysis 3 is great too graphics wise.

EYEONME

I paid £1.99 for none redux so might upgrade when the £15 price comes down, but I heard if I pre order it has 50% off.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
The gameplay in the original 2033 was not very good though. Can't comment on LL - still to install it :D

Agreed. I bought 2033 to do before starting LL and hated it, I think I played about am hour before giving up on it. I still haven't even started LL after that.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
[video=youtube;IZwVvl71JnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZwVvl71JnM[/video]

Comparison trailer between original and redux. It does make me tempted to get the 2033 redux version. The game seems a lot more playable as previously I gave up attempting to complete it, plus the game looks even better!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
reminds me of this video.

[video=youtube;rTYpKlIc_fg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rTYpKlIc_fg[/video]