Mic not working

robevz

Bronze Level Poster
i bought a laptop for my bro a gaming one its fairly new couple months old but he has just told me when he tries to use the mic it says (audio services not responding) after troubleshooting

thanks in advance

robevz

Bronze Level Poster
Is this a PCS build? Can you post the full spec please?
thanks for the reply mate think this is what your looking for,yes its PCS build

Chassis & DisplayCosmos Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 120Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen(1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 10750H (2.6GHz, 5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive512GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC /RSMMC)AC Adaptor1 x 120W
AC AdaptorPower Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryCosmos Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 1 x USB 3.2 PORT + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language15" COSMOS SERIES UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
you still on here buddy? any tips appreciated
Sorry, not sure how this got missed!

There have been recent issues with windows update related to Realtek audio controllers (which means almost all of them).

Firstly, could you open up device manager and post a screenshot of the device layout, exposing the audio controller?

robevz

Bronze Level Poster

There have been recent issues with windows update related to Realtek audio controllers (which means almost all of them).

Firstly, could you open up device manager and post a screenshot of the device layout, exposing the audio controller?
no problem buddy its my brothers laptop but i bought it for him hence why im posting so ill have to sort of be the go bwteeen...he also said screenshots dont work either so he is unable to send a screenshot

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
no problem buddy its my brothers laptop but i bought it for him hence why im posting so ill have to sort of be the go bwteeen...he also said screenshots dont work either so he is unable to send a screenshot
Take a picture of the screen maybe so you can show us the device layout

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In case you need it:

robevz

Bronze Level Poster

this is my computer but is this what you mean by exposing the audio controller? if so i can tell my bro to take a photo on his phone & send me it so i can upload it

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 125

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
this is my computer but is this what you mean by exposing the audio controller? if so i can tell my bro to take a photo on his phone & send me it so i can upload it
This isn't going to work going with an inbetween.

Get your brother to create their own account and post for help. If screenshots aren't working it's because there's a major windows problem that needs to be addressed which could well be impacting other things also.

But it's just not going to be possible to troubleshoot effectively in this way.

robevz

Bronze Level Poster
This isn't going to work going with an inbetween.

Get your brother to create their own account and post for help. If screenshots aren't working it's because there's a major windows problem that needs to be addressed which could well be impacting other things also.

But it's just not going to be possible to troubleshoot effectively in this way.
im going to email him the receipt so he can ring them himself its easier that way