Mic port not working??

Kalata

I recently got my Defiance VII laptop and when I tried to plug in my Razer Headset it doesn't find the mic and all I can hear is the weird crackling sound from the fans. The headset works fine on other laptop and phone, but on this one doesn't. Is the mic port the issue and should I refer back to PCS??

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I recently got my Defiance VII laptop and when I tried to plug in my Razer Headset it doesn't find the mic and all I can hear is the weird crackling sound from the fans. The headset works fine on other laptop and phone, but on this one doesn't. Is the mic port the issue and should I refer back to PCS??
Have you installed drivers?

Kalata

what drivers? it doesn't require any additional drivers, should work when plugged in. My old laptop recognizes the headset straightaway (its brand new headset so first time use on both laptops). However my new laptop doesn't recognize the device as such. The headphones work so I can listen to music through the headset but the mic is not working. This is why I assume the problem is the laptop mic port. There is also a bright red light coming from the mic port if this is any help :)

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
what drivers? it doesn't require any additional drivers, should work when plugged in. My old laptop recognizes the headset straightaway (its brand new headset so first time use on both laptops). However my new laptop doesn't recognize the device as such. The headphones work so I can listen to music through the headset but the mic is not working. This is why I assume the problem is the laptop mic port. There is also a bright red light coming from the mic port if this is any help :)

Can you take a photo of the ports you’re plugging into?

If there’s a red light in the port you’re putting a mic into that’s not a mic port but a digital optical port.

Kalata

Headset is Razer Kraken X.

Attachments

• 15927682915057219050889807921545.jpg
    15927682915057219050889807921545.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 152