Microsoft Flight

Xoil

Anyone thinking of getting it, its a game via Windows Live Market place and you have to buy areas and aircraft from its shop...

Specs are:

Minimum:

CPU: Dual Core 2.0 GHz
GPU: 256 MB card capable of shader 3.0 (DX 9.0c compliant)
HD: 10 GB Hard Drive space
RAM: 2.0GB

Recommended:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 960 @ 3.20GHz, AMD® Phenom™ II X6 1100T 3.3 GHz or better
GPU: ATI Radeon™ HD 5870, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or better
HD: 10 GB Hard Drive space
RAM: 6GB

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight

Al.Neri

Super Star
played the beta, not that impressed with it from what I've experienced.

it's more like TDU2 with planes than the traditional flight sims that came before it.

sounds like a good deal when you say it's free, but from what I've been reading, you only get the main hawaii island. everything else you have to purchase. I don't mind purchasing extra planes, I just don't agree with purchasing areas/countries. I'd rather pay full RRP than deal with microtransactions where this is concerned.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
played the beta, not that impressed with it from what I've experienced.

it's more like TDU2 with planes than the traditional flight sims that came before it.

sounds like a good deal when you say it's free, but from what I've been reading, you only get the main hawaii island. everything else you have to purchase. I don't mind purchasing extra planes, I just don't agree with purchasing areas/countries. I'd rather pay full RRP than deal with microtransactions where this is concerned.

i have to agree with you to some extent but i imagine a lot of people would prefer to buy a few planes and the place they live rather than a huge map, it takes up a fraction of HDD space that way too

Xoil

I think gaming is entering a era when disc games are being faded out and online sales and rising. If they sell their areas online they could make more money than putting it all in a disc. Noone wants a millions hour installation time when half of it your not going to use?