Microsoft Office 365 Home... Devices... Help

kevbry

Hi everyone
need some advice again.. so Have got the Microsoft Office 365 Home for 5 Devices thing and loving my New WIN 10 Desktop from here BUT looking to sell my MacBook Pro ..then it occurred to me can I put this Office package on the MacBook? or do you need to buy one Package for MacBook as well as this one for my WIN 10 Desktop??
Or will they just see that its a MacBook if I log on to my Microsoft Account and try to Install Office from my Subscription? or is that just wishful thinking lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi everyone
need some advice again.. so Have got the Microsoft Office 365 Home for 5 Devices thing and loving my New WIN 10 Desktop from here BUT looking to sell my MacBook Pro ..then it occurred to me can I put this Office package on the MacBook? or do you need to buy one Package for MacBook as well as this one for my WIN 10 Desktop??
Or will they just see that its a MacBook if I log on to my Microsoft Account and try to Install Office from my Subscription? or is that just wishful thinking lol
Unfortunately, and I can’t believe it’s taking this long for MS to integrate it cross platform, it’s a different product for Mac:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I could be off the mark, but it looks like you can use the same licence for PCs and Macs?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/office-365-home/cfq7ttc0k5dm?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

However, the family version, Office 365 Home, is far better value. This costs £79.99 a year for up to six users, including friends. Everyone gets their own terabyte of storage, up to 6TB in all. For a family of four, it’s only £20 per year each. If you can share the cost, it’s terrific value, because each user can install the full Office on multiple PCs and Macs.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2019/mar/28/microsoft-word-mac-alternative-office-365

Obviously you can't install it on your Mac and then sell your mac advertising it as having office as that's piracy with added bonkers.

kevbry

Hi yes not thinking of that lol BUT was going to sell it on then Buy WIN 10 Laptop for what I got for it.. ( going for £799 to £850 on fleabay) and mines immaculate.. but would just keep it and use Office on both if I could...

Last edited: