Microsoft Office updates problem

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
I've just downloaded these Windows Office Suites security updates. The now just keep offering them for update constantly, so I would advise you not do download them at the moment.

I've just uninstalled them for now.

Here's a thread about it. Apparently it's just started.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/updates-trying-to-install-over-and-over-again/2a624908-f4b1-46d8-87ed-caa09674ff4f

I've had a look at the link. I have a 2007(?)version of MSO. It looks to me as it's just a general usual blip & they'll sort it. But thx for the info.

Spuff

Expert
I have one update left nagging me to be installed, it's an update for Access which I don't have on my computer.
More significantly, after I installed the updates the folder list in my Outlook has disappeared. The folders are still there but where they usually displayed there is just a blue column on top of that section of screen.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Windows updates should create a Restore Point prior to installing, try using that for a System Restore and don't apply the updates until Microsoft have sorted things out.

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
Hi,
I have 2007 Office word/excel/powerpoint no Access. I have checked my updates & all seems to be ok - I have updates set to automatic. I think I did them individually, so I don't get Access ones (wish I had that tho'!). I use IE & not Outlook. I wouldn't worry about the 'updates' unless it causes a problem - & then I would do a restore point as Boozad has suggested. But, you would then have to change updates to 'manual', otherwise updates would still be automatic.
I also still have Vista (new laptop will be Win 8), & I remember lots of 'unsuccessful updates K....' but I learned to ignore them, unless I came across a problem. I also got rid of the icon at the bottom of the screen popping up to tell me of 'unsuccessful & other errors' as it was annoying me ;).

Last edited: