Microsoft store is missing

CROSSY

Ok, I looked up https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content and only my old PC is listed as being linked to the Microsoft Store.

Though the new PC is linked to the same Microsoft Account, along with the old PC.

Not sure how to proceed.
Mine says both PCs are linked to the Microsoft Store :L

The thing is I can deal with not having the Store on my PC cos out of all my time using Windows 10 for many years I've probably only used the store like 3/4 times. But the small things like calculator and there was this Mail app I used for my emails which was really good and easy to use was essential to me.

Hibernian

Silver Level Poster
Mine says both PCs are linked to the Microsoft Store :L

The thing is I can deal with not having the Store on my PC cos out of all my time using Windows 10 for many years I've probably only used the store like 3/4 times. But the small things like calculator and there was this Mail app I used for my emails which was really good and easy to use was essential to me.
Agreed. Whoever at Microsoft had the big-brain idea to make things like the calculator not an integrated program, but a store app, must be fired.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Agreed. Whoever at Microsoft had the big-brain idea to make things like the calculator not an integrated program, but a store app, must be fired.
When I installed 21H1 a few weeks ago the calculator and mail were bundled apps. Just like always....

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When i did a clean install on this laptop the other week, i just logged into my microsoft account, when it asked me to, no product key required

Hibernian

Silver Level Poster
When I installed 21H1 a few weeks ago the calculator and mail were bundled apps. Just like always....
Well, it's not on my current WIN10 install, and it didn't come with my earlier clean re-install of WIN10 on my older PC. I had to specifically download it on the Microsoft Store. Except now Microsoft Store won't let me download it on the new PC.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well, it's not on my current WIN10 install, and it didn't come with my earlier clean re-install of WIN10 on my older PC. I had to specifically download it on the Microsoft Store. Except now Microsoft Store won't let me download it on the new PC.
I've never seen any version of Windows that didn't have the calculator.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I am pretty sure that there is an activation issue here. The OP bought a copy of WIndows with the PC, so there will have been a product code burned into the BIOS to activate that copy of Windows. The OP then logged in with a Microsoft ID that was associated with a Windows digital license on a different PC, so now we have the situation where the license the logged in user is using is not the same as the license that this copy of Windows was originally activated with (via the burned in key).

I'm no expert on Windows activation but I think it was a mistake to login with an existing Microsoft ID from another PC associated with a digital license for that other PC. That I believe is the root cause of this issue.

Hibernian

Silver Level Poster
Under C in the start menu, or type calculator in the search bar
It's not there. The only thing listed in C in the start menu is Corsair (the cooling system). Nothing comes up when I type Calculator.

Is the program installed anywhere specifically on the C drive?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's not there. The only thing listed in C in the start menu is Corsair (the cooling system). Nothing comes up when I type Calculator.

Is the program installed anywhere specifically on the C drive?
It under Windows Accesories.

Chaz_66

I am pretty sure that there is an activation issue here. The OP bought a copy of WIndows with the PC, so there will have been a product code burned into the BIOS to activate that copy of Windows. The OP then logged in with a Microsoft ID that was associated with a Windows digital license on a different PC, so now we have the situation where the license the logged in user is using is not the same as the license that this copy of Windows was originally activated with (via the burned in key).

I'm no expert on Windows activation but I think it was a mistake to login with an existing Microsoft ID from another PC associated with a digital license for that other PC. That I believe is the root cause of this issue.
I have the same problem as op, I (stupidly) logged into a pre existing windows account and now Microsoft store and everything associated with it is missing. Strangely, this only happened when I did my last update for windows, as it was there beforehand (and this is a 3 day old pc). Do you have any recommendations as to how I solve this?

Rakk

The Awesome
Its possible it may be easier to ring up Microsoft and see if they can sort it out for you, something may have got horribly confused at their end

It'd be really bad if you cant log onto your Windows account onto another machine just because they both had separate licenses, certainly I'd not want a new MS account just because I'm getting a new PC, for One Drive purposes for me if nothing else

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Its possible it may be easier to ring up Microsoft and see if they can sort it out for you, something may have got horribly confused at their end

It'd be really bad if you cant log onto your Windows account onto another machine just because they both had separate licenses, certainly I'd not want a new MS account just because I'm getting a new PC, for One Drive purposes for me if nothing else
I have multiple licenses attached to one account without issue.

Chaz_66

I'm going to contact them now and see if they can give me a hand. I just thought I had done something wrong on my end but as annoying as Microsoft store is, there is no way I'd remove it myself.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have multiple licenses attached to one account without issue.
I suspect there is a difference between having multiple licenses attached to the same account, and activating Windows with an OEM license and then logging in with an account attached to a license on a different PC.

Rakk

The Awesome
I suspect there is a difference between having multiple licenses attached to the same account, and activating Windows with an OEM license and then logging in with an account attached to a license on a different PC.
Surely though MS should understand though that people buy PC's with OEM licenses and just want to use the MS account they used on their previous machines, surely that shouldn't be that uncommon nor does it seem unreasonable, so yeah maybe something has gone a bit iffy somewhere