Microsoft Store Slow/Not Updating on new PC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The only issue I now have is that the PC is only seeing my main SSD drive. The second SSD drive is not showing up.
When you say it's not showing up, is it not in device manàger?

If it is then it just needs initialising

You'd want GPT

If it's not showing in disk manager then try removing it and reinstalling. If it's still failing to be read then it's likely a failed drive

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
Submitted my last before finishing. 🤣

The support chap did say I’d have to download and install a SATA file, which I have just done and my second drive has reappeared.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Submitted my last before finishing. 🤣

The support chap did say I’d have to download and install a SATA file, which I have just done and my second drive has reappeared.
Really odd, the issues you've experienced with it not recognising network and SATA drivers would normally be due to using a very outdated windows installer.

You didn't download the windows from your PCS account by any chance did you, rather than using the microsoft USB creation tool?

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
Hi. The initial Windows re-install was via the PCS account. But the USB Windows install was from the link I was given above. I think the support guy had to do some reformatting of my drive somewhere. He did download and install some drivers for me from the ROG website. He then told me to go back to the site and download the SATA drivers once the PC booted back up, which, of course, severed his support connection to my PC.

Oddly enough, when he support chap got me to go into what I assume was the admin account which they use to install Windows and drivers on new computers, it found an internet connection right away. Not sure why my Windows install didn’t.

Anyway, all is well now and I am downloading a ton of Windows updates. Once that’s done I’m going to do a image copy of the drive to an external SSD drive. Just in case. 🤣

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi. The initial Windows re-install was via the PCS account. But the USB Windows install was from the link I was given above. I think the support guy had to do some reformatting of my drive somewhere. He did download and install some drivers for me from the ROG website. He then told me to go back to the site and download the SATA drivers once the PC booted back up, which, of course, severed his support connection to my PC.

Oddly enough, when he support chap got me to go into what I assume was the admin account which they use to install Windows and drivers on new computers, it found an internet connection right away. Not sure why my Windows install didn’t.

Anyway, all is well now and I am downloading a ton of Windows updates. Once that’s done I’m going to do a image copy of the drive to an external SSD drive. Just in case. 🤣
Remember to install optional updates also as those are system drivers

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
Will do.

Still having a bit of an issue. The SATA drivers have allowed the second hard drive to show. But when I reboot the PC it has disappeared again.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Will do.

Still having a bit of an issue. The SATA drivers have allowed the second hard drive to show. But when I reboot the PC it has disappeared again.
Should be fine once all optional updates are installed, until then the pc isn't configured.

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
All sorted. I had installed an incorrect driver

Mohammed Hussain of PCS Support, if you are reading this, thank you so much for all your help. What a professional! Nothing was too difficult for him. Legend! 👍