David.conor.m

Case
Lian Li PC-Q08 Mini-ITX Case + 450W PSU
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600S Quad Core (2.8GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8H61-I: Mini-ITX, LG1155, USB 3.0, SATA 3GBs
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 130MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Sound Card
ONBOARD 10 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (£30)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Just placed an order for one of your higher spec mini pc's, for gaming. I didn't want to find space in the office for a massive tower and i move around quite a bit. The specs are pretty close to what you would get in a desktop variant, however when once the rig was configured i saw the power required is about 397W where as the power supply is only 450W, do you think this is a potential problem? I dont really intend to upgrade the machine however is there any higher wattage PSU that would fit?

Reviews of the tower say the heat distribution is actually quite good, as a side question what would be the biggest compromise in a setup of this nature, is the i7 2600S a major performance dip over the 2600 and 2600k?

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Higher wattage I assume you mean?

I'm interested to see how you're powering a GTX 570 and a core i7 on a 450W PSU and the configurator is saying onlt 397W used. Seems a little odd to me considering the nvidia box says minimum of 550W PSU on it when pairing a GTX 570 with an average system (550W is for the entire system and nto just the GPU).

I'm well aware the GPU doesn't use 550W, uses over 200W though, that's guaranteed. I think you're cutting it a bit fine on a 450W PSU.

David.conor.m

Well the site config seems to allow it, they dont offer any options on changing the PSU, i think its a restriction on the case. The thing runs, i doubt the options would be there if it didn't, i imagine the i7 2600S is the laptop variant and therefore somewhat slower and more efficient per watt.

How would i go about seeing if a higher PSU is possible? I assume there are dangers straying too close to the max available.

Sleinous

Author Level
Hmmm, if they say it will, it should. I'm nto overly convinced but hopefully that 450 W PSU is of very high quality.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Nvidia massively over specify the power requirements of their cards due to the vast array of cheap and cheerful power supplies that are available to purchase. A 450W will be sufficient for your requirements and leave 50W free.

The 2600S has a MAX TDP of 65W, your RAM 10W, SSDs are only 2W. The GTX 570 uses 219W MAX, but with the rest of the system not using much power there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited: