Mint 21.3 Edge installed on 15.6" Initia

JeffL

I installed Mint 21.3 Edge (Cinnamon) from its Iso on a new 15.6" Initia this morning with almost no problem. Main specs for the Initia:

Chassis & Display Initia Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 60Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor: (CPU) Intel® Core™ i5 10-Core Processor i5-1235U (3.3GHz) 12MB Cache
Memory: (RAM) 16GB PCS PRO SODIMM DDR4 3200MHz (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card: Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics (DUAL CHANNEL RAM) OR Intel® UHD Graphics (SINGLE CHANNEL RAM)
1st M.2 SSD Drive: 512GB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 4700MB/sW)
Memory Card Reader: Integrated Micro-SD Memory Card Reader
Sound Card: Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless: GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options: 1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language: MULTI COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System: NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Notebook Mouse: INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam: INTEGRATED 2.0 MP FULL HD WEBCAM

The only slight confusion is what to do when switching on the laptop for the first time. I have no previous experience with UEFI and Secure Boot, but assumed the latter had to be dealt with when installing Mint. So should the USB stick with the iso be plugged in, or should the laptop be left to boot first to check that everything is ok? I went for the latter, allowed it to connect to wi-fi, and let whatever was being downloaded to complete (I thought it might be just Windows 11 junk, but also wondered if it might be a Bios update). As soon as the request to open a Microsoft account appeared, I turned off the laptop, plugged in the 21.3 iso, and let it boot. The Install went without problem, (the Iso dealt with Secure Boot, and I confirmed that I wanted the disk wiped before installation), and I've now got to spend some time setting it up like the 21.3 Cinnamon on my current laptop (a 10-years old Clevo P150EM Model A). During installation there was one error message which I ignored, and on running the update there was a small issue about not being able to download something (from a W: drive!). That was also ignored.

So far I am very impressed with the service from PCS, and the quality of the laptop.

Jeff