Mis-Ordered Wifi Card (vortex II)

Greetings,

well i received my Vortex last week and was happily installing my drivers and bits and bobs (no os option) and it' finally stuck home that i ordered the 450mbps wifi card, however while this probably lands at my feet, I feel the configurator didn't help, as i've now realised i have no Bluetooth. One I use this feature from time to time, and the other fact is i now have a LED and various BT icons on a laptop without said function, unfortunately my OCD is really kicking in now and I'm wondering if PCS can do anything about this ?

If it's a send the laptop back job i'll live with it, but if it's a card swap then can this be done?

Thanks,

Luke.

Finn

Enthusiast
If you only occasionally use the bluetooth you could always get one of the bluetooth nano adaptors, they can be had for less than £10 and arent much larger than the usb connector.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Shouldn't be too difficult to swap the card if you prefer doing that as opposed to using a dongle,It should just be a matter of taking off a plate on the back of the laptop,held by a couple of screws to get access.
If thats the case with your laptop I would give PCS a call & ask if they can supply you with the card you want,not sure how much they cost.

tommo123

i'd do the above if it meant having to send the laptop back otherwise. i have one of those bluetooth adapters and they are tiny! for a pound you can't go wrong trying one and seeing if it'll do you.

p.s you can get them at poundland or the like sometimes too

mev

Bronze Level Poster
I'm in the opposite position, thought i'd need the bluetooth so ordered the lesser card. I now realise I won't need the BT and would've preferred the one you ordered. Mine as dispatched so not changing order now.

Wanna swap ? lol