Missing Drivers

When I went into my Control Panel under Devices and Printers underneath the Devices was my home computer with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark under it.

On further investigation via the trouble shooter it stated the following errors
Unknown device doesn't have a driver
PCI Device doesn't have a driver
SM Bus Controller doesn't have a driver
PCI Simple Communications Controller doesn't have a driver

I have also tried to load a USB memory stick that is not found by the laptop however other USB sticks in the same slot do work.

Really not sure what the problem is but the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark is a bit worry, does anybody know what could be the problem

I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit and have recently had to do a system restore due to corrupt windows files

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It sounds like the restore is corrupt as well. Can you restore to a much earlier time? Failing that I'd suggest a clean reinstallation of WIndows and the PCS supplied drivers would be the safest option.

Thanks for your reply, I carried out a full system restore but left all my folders and files intact, and then spent the next three days updating all the windows updates, and still got this problem, so maybe a clean reinstall or maybe just wait for Windows 10 as I hate Windows 8.1 and its awful charm bar so much anyway.