Missing Emails

Roy03

My new computer arrived last friday and is working perfectly. I unplugged my old computer (Vista) and connected my new one and I thought that I would be able to access my Emails. Vista used Windows Mail and Windows 7 uses Windows Live mail. Is there anyway I can recover my old emails without connecting my old pc up.
many thanks in advance for any help/tips
Roy

Meds

You should be able to yes. I don't have it installed on my pc but it's something along the lines of;

- Tools
- Import/Export
- Export to file
- save the file

Then on new PC;

- Tools
- Import/Export
- Import from file
- chose the file

Something along those lines anyway.

pengipete

Rising Star
I've never used Windows Mail or Live Mail but looking around the 'net, what you want to do seems to need you to export from WM first and then import the result into Live Mail. Have a look at this - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3798-windows-live-mail-import-windows-mail-messages.html - it seems straight forward to me but I've no way of checking.

If you can't import from your old desktop client, how about getting them directly from your email account? If you use your ISP's freebee, chances are it's actually a rebadged service from Yahoo or Google Mail so you can can get some or all of your emails from there. Google make it easier but it's possible from Yahoo - if you're struggling, post back with details and we'll see what we can do.

JSG10

Expert
You shouldn't need to export anything from your old PC.
When you install the WMLive client and input all your details it should run through a send/recieve and will grab all your old emails that you still have saved on their servers and all your folders too.