Missing part

aseax

Hey everyone.
I received my build. Everything is good / working properly. But I was wondering, I ordered an extra fan for the rear and it’s missing, mistake happen, they will probably send it soon after my call.
BUT the thermal paste seringue is missing. At 9£ instead of 5,50£ on Amazon the thermal paste I was expecting to receive the excess of thermal paste and not paying 9£ for 1/4 of it and so 36£ paid by four people for an entier seringue of thermal paste. Biggest rip off ever if it’s always like that.
Did you get the same issue ? Same now I am thinking about it the cpu fan I replaced was not delivered. Even if I don’t use it now if my aio is dead I would need it probably.
Am I the only one 🤔 ?

steaky360

Ah man no good with regards to the fan, I'm sure you'd have noticed, but have you checked its not been installed somewhere else on the case by mistake? Obviously they'll send you a fan once you get through to them and let them know though.

No one receives the standard CPU fan that would come with a retail CPU if they opt for a different cooler - although I'm not certain, its possible (I'd argue likely) that PCS doesn't even receive these components with the CPU as they will order CPU's for system builders rather than retail units so these might not come with any coolers/fans/etc.

As for the paste - again, you're assuming that they'd have a normal 'retail' tube... which might not be the case - I'm sure that will be explained when you get through to them though. It would be good to hear what they say about it for anyone else asking in future though.

aseax

Ok thank for the details response about the cpu fan.
Yeah really hope I can have some paste for the gpu and later on the cpu.
Otherwise it was a bit overpriced.
For the fan yes I am 100% sure I even redid the cable as the aio was not connected to the pro commander so I would have seen it.
Thanks guys ! 😊

Ash_

Master Poster
Unfortunately, i think they are charging you for the application and not just the physical paste. But i do agree, £9 for 1/4 of a tube is very steep.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunately, i think they are charging you for the application and not just the physical paste. But i do agree, £9 for 1/4 of a tube is very steep.
They would normally include a tube in the welcome package, it should definitely be there.

aseax

I should receive the extra fan today or tomorrow. For the thermal paste, the one who received it in the welcome pack are lucky. They can’t send me any. 9£ for that when it’s free and I can buy it myself 5£ ...

after my first order of them I am really happy, mistake happen, so don’t hold grudge against them at all.
But the cons would be:
- extra pricey thermal paste
- brand on case
- brand on bios

at 1500£ I don’t owe ad 😂
Hopefully was super easy to remove.
And definitely I would reorder from them if I have too.