Missing power plans

Dutchos

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all, hope someone can help. When I go to 'edit power plan' and then 'change advanced power settings' I only get one power plan available called 'Balanced [Active]' and no more on the dropdown. I had thought you could set different ones? Any ideas why this would be? thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all, hope someone can help. When I go to 'edit power plan' and then 'change advanced power settings' I only get one power plan available called 'Balanced [Active]' and no more on the dropdown. I had thought you could set different ones? Any ideas why this would be? thanks
You create your own power plans, you can set however many you want.

If you have an AMD chip, you can install the AMD power plan, but Intel don't have one.

Dutchos

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks @SpyderTracks Created my own power plan and even then I can’t change anything other than when the laptop sleeps etc. I wonder if it’s maybe that the Control Centre software that the laptop comes with where you can alter the fan speed, keyboard colours and performance settings (‘office’, ‘game’ or ‘turbo’ I think) overrides the ability to change in Windows? Intel chip btw. Thanks