Missing Webcam in Vortex II

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Morning Folks,

Looking for the benefit of your advice if I may

When I received my new laptop, I decided to give my old Vortex II to my mother as a Christmas present.

I performed a fresh install of Win 7 and put all the drivers back on and everything seemed fine.

She has now told me that she wishes to use the Webcam for Skyping with her mates to discuss vitally important subjects such as cake recipes and who's hot on Strictly Come Dancing (personally I wouldn't put my old laptop through such an embarrassing situation, but she is adamant :( )

The problems is that the Webcam is not showing up anywhere. I have attempted to install the driver, both from the PCS CD and from the Clevo website, and both say that they could not detect a webcam so were binning the installation until I powered it on.

I have also checked in Device Manager and there is no sign of any Imaging Device whatsoever.

As I cannot install a driver, and also cannot get at the device through any means that I am aware of, do you folks know of any way I can make the webcam visible and recognised by the OS enough for me to put a driver onto it.

When I was using the laptop myself, I never used the webcam at all, so I couldn't say whether it has ever functioned correctly, or indeed shown up in Device Manager at any time

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Torgan

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try pressing keys Fn + F10 to enable webcam,you may need to install "hotkey" from the driver disk provided before this will work.

Last edited:

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Thankyou Vanthus, as soon as I hit Fn F10 it automatically started downloading the driver.

Just when I think i'm getting better at this stuff...... I never knew there was a Hotkey for the Webcam

Did make me laugh though, when I showed her what she would look like on Skype, she doesn't want to use it! Says it isn't very flattering

Anyway, thanks again +rep