Missing Wireless Driver

szico_vii

Bronze Level Poster
Just a quick one:

Just bought a new desktop PC with the following wireless card description "WIRELESS 802.11N 150Mbps PCI-E CARD (Special Offer) "
Reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and lost the driver that came pre-installed.

No drivers on the backup discs or on pcspec website and I dont know the model of the card to search online.

Does anyone know what card is used or where I can find drivers?

Many thanks.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That's a TP-Link, I have the 300 one. The model's either the TL WN751 or the TL WN781.

Open up Device Manager, right click on your wifi adapter and select Properties. In the dialog box that opens click the Details tab. From the drop down menu select Hardware IDs. You will see a series of letters and numbers that look something like this: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_00628086. You need to extract the numbers (they're in Hex) from after the VEN_ (this is the vendor identifier) and after the DEV_ (this is the device identifier).

You could simply Google VEN_nnnn&DEV_nnnn and you might get a hit. Or you could go to the PCI database at http://www.pcidatabase.com/index.php and search there. If you enter the vendor number in the appropriate box and click search you'll see the manufacturer entry, you can search within this if you like for your device id. Or, you can enter the device number in the appropriate box and click search you'll see all the devices with that id, you can then select the appropriate vendor.

Note that this list has not been updated very recently so you might not find very new devices in there. It's worth a stab though, at least you should find the vendor which will give you a good starting point.

szico_vii

Bronze Level Poster
Based on the PCI search it looks like it's an ASUS of some description but I cant ascertain the model. PC spec yet to respond to enquiry.