Mobile Ryzen only being offered with RECOIL atm?

Brookes_117

Just noticed the RECOIL models starting price has risen to £1920 from £1560 and intel I7 CPU's are not available for selection, only the Ryzen 9 5900HX.
(I Imagine the price increase is due to the lack of supply of the Ryzen chips and PCS have decided to focus only including the Ryzen CPU's in their RECOIL models to curb demand)

Additionally, IONICO models are only Configurable with Intel CPU's at the moment not AMD.

Don't know how long this will last. Looks like Intel is the way to go at the moment unless you can afford to fork out the extra cash from the Ryzen chips.

Any thoughs?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just noticed the RECOIL models starting price has risen to £1920 from £1560 and intel I7 CPU's are not available for selection, only the Ryzen 9 5900HX.
(I Imagine the price increase is due to the lack of supply of the Ryzen chips and PCS have decided to focus only including the Ryzen CPU's in their RECOIL models to curb demand)

Additionally, IONICO models are only Configurable with Intel CPU's at the moment not AMD.

Don't know how long this will last. Looks like Intel is the way to go at the moment unless you can afford to fork out the extra cash from the Ryzen chips.

Any thoughs?
The 5900HX is literally an entirely different league to anything intel have to offer which is why it’s more expensive. It’s just a vastly better cpu.

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
The 5900HX is literally an entirely different league to anything intel have to offer which is why it’s more expensive. It’s just a vastly better cpu.

For games Intel 10875h is still better then ryzen 7 5800H.. or on the same level with ryzen 9 5900HX...
For certain productivity tasks AMD is way better than Intel ..

Is not a huge difference to say that AMD stomps over Intel .. I dont get the hype, i really dont .. are 2 products that have "-" and "+" .. none are perfect or exponentially better than the other...

Brookes_117

I know, That's why everyone wants one! However, Yesterday the Price of a RECOIL 15.6 with Ryzen 9 5900HX and RTX 3070 with 16GB of RAM clocked at 2933MHz, a 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO SSD and a secondary 1TB PCS SSD was £1755 as of today that has increased to £2097 including VAT so a 19.5% increase in price. My point is that's a big increase and it's obviously because of the lack of supply and heightened demand.

Brookes_117

For games Intel 10875h is still better then ryzen 7 5800H.. or on the same level with ryzen 9 5900HX...

Is not a huge difference to say that AMD stomps over Intel .. I dont get the hype, i really dont .. are 2 products that have "-" and "+" .. none are perfect or exponentially better than the other...
I agree and I think people shouldn't be paying the massively inflated prices over MSRP for the Ryzen CPU's because of the hype and therefore demand, when they could save lots of money and still get a quality machine with an Intel based model.

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
I agree and I think people shouldn't be paying the massively inflated prices over MSRP for the Ryzen CPU's because of the hype and therefore demand, when they could save lots of money and still get a quality machine with an Intel based model.

This is because of all fan boys that clap for 2% to 5% performance increase that actually in reality is 1%-3%... when in real life scenarios none is better than the other.. basically are almost identical. I have a friend with Ryzen 7 5800H from Asus and i have the Ionico with Intel 10875h and same RTX 3070 (actually his is the one boosted by Asus)... on every CPU/GPU benchmark he is better than me but when we actually use the laptop for real life scenarios, mine is faster than his .. In every game we play mine acts better and is cooler. Even when AMD is using less power is still reaching 95 temps.. with a average of 87 .. so whats the catch ? Is just a marketing hype.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Kinda missing the point though, it’s not just about over all performance in a laptop, it’s thermals and battery life along with security.

AMD is miles ahead of intel in multithreaded, battery life and thermals (by about 10c!) so there’s no contest

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
Kinda missing the point though, it’s not just about over all performance in a laptop, it’s thermals and battery life along with security.

AMD is miles ahead of intel in multithreaded, battery life and thermals (by about 10c!) so there’s no contest

Mate i actually used a laptop with Ryzen 7 5800H and RTX 3070 and i am telling you is not miles ahead, stop with this non-sense. Both Intel and AMD are good have good CPUs for different taks/jobs... both have "-" and "+" ... but to say one is miles ahead or that stomps the other is just childish.

AMD does not have better thermals - the ASUS i played on had a avg 87 with max 95 .. and the Ionico has avg 80 with the highest 92 ... where is the "miles ahead" here ?

I dont know for battery because sincerely i dont care about that at all...if i can get 4-5 hours of work (i do get that on the Ionico) i am more than happy.

And yes is about the over all performance in a laptop. You dont buy a CPU, you buy a CPU, GPU, Disk, Moatherboard, memory and stuff. I do not care how the CPU works on his own, but i care how is working in tandem with all other components.

For multithreading - i am not a content creator.. i work with voice and telephony so for me does not make any impact at all. If i am using AMD or Intel does not make any difference.

For desktop CPU yes, AMD is miles ahead .. but laptops is a different story.

What i am trying to say is everyone should buy a laptop suitable for their needs and not because of a hype which is not justified. I am gaming therefore i will use Intel for now because is better than AMD.. Maybe you are content creator and dont game so much so it will make sense to buy the AMD ..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mate i actually used a laptop with Ryzen 7 5800H and RTX 3070 and i am telling you is not miles ahead, stop with this non-sense. Both Intel and AMD are good have good CPUs for different taks/jobs... both have "-" and "+" ... but to say one is miles ahead or that stomps the other is just childish.

AMD does not have better thermals - the ASUS i played on had a avg 87 with max 95 .. and the Ionico has avg 80 with the highest 92 ... where is the "miles ahead" here ?

I dont know for battery because sincerely i dont care about that at all...if i can get 4-5 hours of work (i do get that on the Ionico) i am more than happy.

And yes is about the over all performance in a laptop. You dont buy a CPU, you buy a CPU, GPU, Disk, Moatherboard, memory and stuff. I do not care how the CPU works on his own, but i care how is working in tandem with all other components.

For multithreading - i am not a content creator.. i work with voice and telephony so for me does not make any impact at all. If i am using AMD or Intel does not make any difference.

What i am trying to say is everyone should buy a laptop suitable for their needs and not because of a hype which is not justified. I am gaming therefore i will use Intel for now because is better than AMD.. Maybe you are content creator and dont game so much so it will make sense to buy the AMD ..
Ha ha... why so serious? I’m just parroting literally every single respected 3rd party review and my knowledge of intels security flaws which are ongoing and most can’t be patched until they design it out of the silicon which they’ve been expected to do since they were discovered in 2018 and still haven’t addressed.

They are terrible processors.

It’s not hype when it’s backed up by measured performance metrics and essential security protections.

And AMD have 10 degree lower operating temps on a half decent chassis, again, that’s not hype that’s proven fact.

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
Ha ha... why so serious? I’m just parroting literally every single respected 3rd party review and my knowledge of intels security flaws which are ongoing and most can’t be patched until they design it out of the silicon which they’ve been expected to do since they were discovered in 2018 and still haven’t addressed.

It’s not hype when it’s backed up by measured performance metrics and essential security protections.

You go by performance metrics done by others and benchmarks... i am going with what i experienced first hand using a such a product..
I maintain my statement - both have minuses and pluses. Each is better than the other in different sectors.

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster

I've no idea about all the different measurements as to whether one processor maker is better than the other, but when using the argument that I have highlighted in bold, I would say that a 10% better performance in average thermals is indeed miles ahead

Brookes_117

And AMD have 10 degree lower operating temps on a half decent chassis, again, that’s not hype that’s proven fact.
But That's not to say the Ryzen Zen 3 chips have flawless security, just recently with the discovery of the bug in the Predictive store forwarding of the new chips similar to Spectre Variant 4 vulnerabilities in the Intel's. Granted, a very difficult vulnerability to exploit but people will always try and succeed in exploiting them and a majority of users will be unaware to to disable PFS to improve security. The Zen 3 architecture is still in it's infancy so who's to say what other security vulnerabilities will arise in time. (https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/security-analysis-predictive-store-forwarding.pdf)

But I mostly agree with you. The Ryzen architecture is more efficient, more difficult to exploit and future proofed in comparison to the outdated architecture utilised at the moment by intel.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
You go by performance metrics done by others and benchmarks... i am going with what i experienced first hand using a such a product..
I maintain my statement - both have minuses and pluses. Each is better than the other in different sectors.
That is sort of in the same category as:

"They say smoking causes cancer but my Granny smoked for 85 years and she was perfectly fine."

Or - like owning one faultless Jaguar XJ8 and telling everyone that it is the most reliable model of car ever made.

Individual experience is an awful measure really. I'm not taking sides here, as I don't know my laptop CPU's, but just simply saying that someone like @SpyderTracks who has been following this stuff for a long time, might possibly have a more objective view than someone who saw a couple of processors in action?

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
I've no idea about all the different measurements as to whether one processor maker is better than the other, but when using the argument that I have highlighted in bold, I would say that a 10% better performance in average thermals is indeed miles ahead

I dont know if i made myself understood.
I have a Ionico Intel i7 10875h with RTX 3070 and my friend has a ASUS ryzen 7 5800H with RTX 3070 (Asus boost).

When i played Warzone on his laptop the average thermals were 87 with a max of 95 - this is for the Asus AMD laptop. Average FPS 90.
When i played Warzone on my laptop (intel) the average thermals were 80 with a max of 92 and average FPS 97.

Both laptops on gaming mode, stock. TDP 45W.

Brookes_117

"They say smoking causes cancer but my Granny smoked for 85 years and she was perfectly fine."

Or - like owning one faultless Jaguar XJ8 and telling everyone that it is the most reliable model of car ever made.

Individual experience is an awful measure really. I'm not taking sides here, as I don't know my laptop CPU's, but just simply saying that someone like @SpyderTracks who has been following this stuff for a long time, might possibly have a more objective view than someone who saw a couple of processors in action?
Haha that's funny. Certainly true, anecdotal evidence is always crap but there's definitely value in compiling benchmarks of real world use from the machines. needs more data ha.

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster

I am sorry but your comparisons are not logical at all... i am referring to a electronic product that can be tested not to something harmful as smoking lol. Your parallel with smoking does not reflect reality because i am not an idiot to say something like that.
Same for the faulty Jaguar ... i will never say that a faulty car is reliable ..

I did give arguments above why i think both CPUs are almost the same and none is better than the other... both have minuses and pluses...
I think i was ok in expressing myself (i am not native in English so sorry about mistakes and stuff)....

What is more objctive than saying that both CPUs are good ? or each CPU is better for a specific scenario ?

You think saying AMD stomps over Intel is more objective and accurate ? lol

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I dont know if i made myself understood.
I have a Ionico Intel i7 10875h with RTX 3070 and my friend has a ASUS ryzen 7 5800H with RTX 3070 (Asus boost).

When i played Warzone on his laptop the average thermals were 87 with a max of 95 - this is for the Asus AMD laptop. Average FPS 90.
When i played Warzone on my laptop (intel) the average thermals were 80 with a max of 92 and average FPS 97.

Both laptops on gaming mode, stock. TDP 45W.
Given my inability to read I will bow out of this thread :)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I am sorry but your comparisons are not logical at all... i am referring to a electronic product that can be tested not to something harmful as smoking lol. Your parallel with smoking does not reflect reality because i am not an idiot to say something like that.
Same for the faulty Jaguar ... i will never say that a faulty car is reliable ..

I did give arguments above why i think both CPUs are almost the same and none is better than the other... both have minuses and pluses...
I think i was ok in expressing myself (i am not native in English so sorry about mistakes and stuff)....

What is more objctive than saying that both CPUs are good ? or each CPU is better for a specific scenario ?

You think saying AMD stomps over Intel is more objective and accurate ? lol
I'm saying that if I want to try to understand the differences then I should go and gather lots of information about lots of different aspects from lots of different sources before I come to my conclusion.

What I certainly shouldn't do is ignore all that information in favour of one person who says his mates laptop is no different to his own.

In terms of your language issues you think you might have - I would recommend for the sake of politeness that you not declare someone very well-educated on the subject as childish or speaking nonsense in favour of your singular and self-declared be-all-and-end-all comparison. It's considered rude in - well - every language you can think of. (y)