Monitor Asus

Hide

Hi, does anyone know if the Asus monitor (ASUS VP229HE 21.5") is solid? I can't find a better and cheaper monitor in my country so I might as well get that together with the pc, also the stand looks pretty good and stable

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, does anyone know if the Asus monitor (ASUS VP229HE 21.5") is solid? I can't find a better and cheaper monitor in my country so I might as well get that together with the pc, also the stand looks pretty good and stable
For the GTX 1650 you'll be looking around 1080p 60fps and below on average on some older triple AAA games.

But I still wouldn't suggest getting anything less than 1080p 144Hz, but ideally you want 24" for 1080p, that way you can grow into the monitor with GPU upgrades in the future which is really the whole point of a gaming pc is that it's upgradeable so long as it's properly designed.

In short, I would absolutely NOT recommend that monitor, it's not a gaming monitor for a start which means you'd get pretty substantial screen tearing.

What's your max budget for the monitor though?

Hide

I’m just a casual gamer I don’t need anything special, a 75Hz monitor will do just fine and I’m used to play with a 16 inches laptop so 22 is big enough for me. My budget is around 150€

Ekans2011

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’m just a casual gamer I don’t need anything special, a 75Hz monitor will do just fine and I’m used to play with a 16 inches laptop so 22 is big enough for me. My budget is around 150€
The configuration you published on the UK forum, although slightly better than the one posted on italian forum, is always meaningless: it leaves you practically no room for future upgrades. MOBO and PSU are very important; never go cheap on those components!

Don't be offended, but right now you keep making the same basic mistakes: that monitor will be useless in no time, and it's not cheap either.

Why not look for something second-hand instead? With 150 euros budget, you can find something better for sure.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The configuration you published on the UK forum, although slightly better than the one posted on italian forum, is always meaningless: it leaves you practically no room for future upgrades: MOBO and PSU are very important; never go cheap on those components!

Don't be offended, but right now you keep making the same basic mistakes: that monitor will be useless in no time, and it's not cheap either.

Why not look for something second-hand instead? With 150 euros budget, you can find something better for sure.
I have to agree with this person, the way you're going about it is not good, you keep saying "I'm a casual gamer" but you're not understanding the impact of cutting so many corners. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if you're a casual gamer or not, doesn't affect screen tearing being a bad thing that you just don't do these days or not making the PC upgradeable. You think you're paying less, but over the lifetime of the PC, you're paying substantially more, over double really as you'll never be able to upgrade and have to replace the whole pc after only a couple of years rather than the 7 - 10 years that we would consider a baseline for a well designed PC.

I won't give any further advice other than to say, either save up a little longer, or get console. Your current budget is not enough for an entry level gaming experience.

Last edited: