Monitor compatibility with PCS laptop

I mentioned in my query that I'd been using it mainly for video and audio editing, and didn't use it for gaming, but that was his response.

I don't even have any mates who have a 4K that I could borrow just to test out. Most of them probably have CRTs 😁

I could contact my local WEX and ask if I could take my lappy in to try it out with a 4K. Unfortunately they don't have the 32" Benq in stock, but at least i could establish that it was achievable and workable.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It'll definitely work. It's a 2070 GPU, not to be sniffed at.

I run a 4k screen and 2 1080p screens off of my works laptop with integrated graphics. It'll most definitely work.

It'll definitely work. It's a 2070 GPU, not to be sniffed at.

I run a 4k screen and 2 1080p screens off of my works laptop with integrated graphics. It'll most definitely work.

The 32" Benq is out of stock at WEX. I suppose I could grab it from Amazon for a few quid more and always return it if it's struggling. Decisions...I'm crap at them!

Not for resolution output, any dedicated gpu can do well over 4k, even integrated can do 4k.

It's only for hardware acceleration that you're limited, so games. It wouldn't run games at 4k.

Took my laptop into WEX today - they didn't have the BenQ 32" to try out, but I did connect the lappy to a high end 27" 4k BenQ, and the 27" 2K Asus you suggested,

And you were absolutely right, had no issues running 4k via DP and 2k via HDMI. I also looked into the out of stock ASUS ProArt PA278CV at £299 for USB-C connectivity and the ability to daisychain, and got overly excited when I saw on the WEX website that it was 4K (under the specifications tab), which would have been a beyond belief bargain and worth waiting however long it would have taken to get in stock, but when I checked the specs on the Asus site, realised WEX had made a mistake on their website. Tsk.

Probably going to pull the trigger on the 2x PA278QV tomorrow.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Took my laptop into WEX today - they didn't have the BenQ 32" to try out, but I did connect the lappy to a high end 27" 4k BenQ, and the 27" 2K Asus you suggested,

And you were absolutely right, had no issues running 4k via DP and 2k via HDMI. I also looked into the out of stock ASUS ProArt PA278CV at £299 for USB-C connectivity and the ability to daisychain, and got overly excited when I saw on the WEX website that it was 4K (under the specifications tab), which would have been a beyond belief bargain and worth waiting however long it would have taken to get in stock, but when I checked the specs on the Asus site, realised WEX had made a mistake on their website. Tsk.

Probably going to pull the trigger on the 2x PA278QV tomorrow.
I did look for some daisychaining options but couldn't find any within budget, but that would be a definite bonus if you could find some.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Are you sure?

My bad, google was showing me the EX2705q, apologies for that!

It looks really good, solid all rounder and daisy chaining is nice, plus included kvm which would be really handy and is starting to appear in more an more monitors.

IMG_20240413_145835431.jpg

@SpyderTracks I'm beyond happy with the daisychained BenQs. Fantastic monitors...thanks again!