Monitor for 3080 recommendation please

Bren

At the moment I'm using an Msi optix 165hz 1080p monitor, can post specs of the pc if needed, but I'm currently upgrading the pc as we speak while I'm waiting on the 3080 but I didnt realise I needed to upgrade the monitor so can spent up to atleast 1.5k on the monitor but dont really want a 4k one as I've got a 55inch 4k tv which has like low latency etc should have the monitor before I get the 3080 as i was just gonna play on 1080p but realised if I did that bottleneck would happen etc so happy to upgrade but want a good 1440p with a good refresh rate and with a 1m, will go 4k on a monitor if someone can change my mind but using a 4k tv for like xbox and YouTube hurt my eyes etc so thats why I'm like ah I'm happy to stick to 1440p it's nice but not missing too much thank you very much and enjoy your day!:)

Bren

I'll have to take a look at that one thank you very much, I did see a few people reccomend that one, was hoping for one slightly abit smaller but that does look like a good one

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I'll have to take a look at that one thank you very much, I did see a few people reccomend that one, was hoping for one slightly abit smaller but that does look like a good one

I can say that the monitor @AgentCooper mentions is simply EPIC, I got mines yesterday morning and man its amazing, picture is amazing and as big as it is when you sit in front of it it just feels natural, its taking me most of yesterday and some of today to get fully used to the curve, but now like I say it feels normal (y)

Isn't cheap, but boy is it worth it, such is the awesomeness of this monitor, I was on a waiting list, got email about stock, and now its gone from shelves with a new add name to email list again.

I've temporarily placed on my old desk, until my custom one is built, added some pics, though they defo don't do it proud as phone camera not the best.

Bren

Them imagines do, do it justice I must say, it's looking lush, can imahine youre both so happy with that! I've been looking at getting a 27 mainly due to what my set up can handle due to room but holy cow I may have to move some stuff around just to try and fit that in at first didn't know if I'd like it but the photos deffo help it out way much more, but for a 27 if you know any what cab you reccomned I'd you can reccomned any many thanks but this one is now at the top of the list so thank you ever so much didn't think that would happen, hope you both enjoy it xD

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Them imagines do, do it justice I must say, it's looking lush, can imahine youre both so happy with that! I've been looking at getting a 27 mainly due to what my set up can handle due to room but holy cow I may have to move some stuff around just to try and fit that in at first didn't know if I'd like it but the photos deffo help it out way much more, but for a 27 if you know any what cab you reccomned I'd you can reccomned any many thanks but this one is now at the top of the list so thank you ever so much didn't think that would happen, hope you both enjoy it xD

Glad the pictures helped, remember thats just a PS4 picture, so when the 3080 is attached and same games it will be even better, hopefully it wont be too long until my 3080 beast arrives, but whenever it does arrive I know this monitor will just be the full icing on the cake.

I'll be honest i was looking at 27' wide monitors, but @SpyderTracks said to me in order to get the most out of the 3080 cards I would really need to get an ultra-wide monitor like the G9, and tbh although it seems like a big expense, when you actually get it and sit in front of it the price is actually quite reasonable, for the picture and its buttery smooth refresh, and the curve is so natural its very comfortable to be sitting in front off, like last night between destiny 2 and modern warfare I was sat in front of it for 4hrs and my eyes didn't feel tired, not like when in front of my previous benq monitor.

I'm new to all this PC stuff, but on the advice of mainly @SpyderTracks and helpful input from @AgentCooper @Nursemorph I took the leap and have not looked back on this monitor.

Essentially no point on spending the cash on a lovely 3080 card and not giving it the means to give you the picture, max refresh rate etc that you want for your gaming and day to day use, that would be like buying a ferrari engine and putting it in a tractor.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Glad the pictures helped, remember thats just a PS4 picture, so when the 3080 is attached and same games it will be even better, hopefully it wont be too long until my 3080 beast arrives, but whenever it does arrive I know this monitor will just be the full icing on the cake.

I'll be honest i was looking at 27' wide monitors, but @SpyderTracks said to me in order to get the most out of the 3080 cards I would really need to get an ultra-wide monitor like the G9, and tbh although it seems like a big expense, when you actually get it and sit in front of it the price is actually quite reasonable, for the picture and its buttery smooth refresh, and the curve is so natural its very comfortable to be sitting in front off, like last night between destiny 2 and modern warfare I was sat in front of it for 4hrs and my eyes didn't feel tired, not like when in front of my previous benq monitor.

I'm new to all this PC stuff, but on the advice of mainly @SpyderTracks and helpful input from @AgentCooper @Nursemorph I took the leap and have not looked back on this monitor.

Essentially no point on spending the cash on a lovely 3080 card and not giving it the means to give you the picture, max refresh rate etc that you want for your gaming and day to day use, that would be like buying a ferrari engine and putting it in a tractor.

Glad you're happy with your purchase, buddy. Once you're fully hooked up post some more pics. I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 34 inch screen and looking out across the vistas is just stunning. You'll be weeping with joy on that beast 😂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Couldn't have put it better. The 3080 needs a very high end screen to make any use of, you'll be looking at around £1k for anything worthwhile.

Last edited:

Bren

Essentially no point on spending the cash on a lovely 3080 card and not giving it the means to give you the picture, max refresh rate etc that you want for your gaming and day to day use, that would be like buying a ferrari engine and putting it in yeah

Yeah that's why I wasn't sure which one to get as I've got the budget to go higher can stretch to say 1.5-2 if needed but don't need to be over kill xD but I'm not sure on the space as I've got a 55 inch 4k right next to it which can possibly be moved over abit but I've got a 27 inch curved but it's just 1080 mainly due to specs, yeah that's the same as me I'm still rather new to everything even though I studied it in college years ago😂 there reccomendations have defiently been amazing, but if you get the 3080 anytime soon deffo share some pictures of what she looks like I'd love to see some cause I can imagine she'll look beautiful.

See for me I can't sit longer than say an hour in front of the computer mainly due to having surgey on my shoulder but the fact you can sit for like 4 hours is impressive cause I feel like when I'm sat in front of my 55 it's hurting my eyes and I'm sat further away but it's not curved though could be a problem

Bren

Thanks for all your reccomendations, you all been amazing help and given me a few to look at and over the next few days alot better than the ones I was looking at at least xD

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Couldn't have put it better. The 3080 needs a very high end screen to make any use of, you'll be looking at around £1k for anything worthwhile.

I would very much agree with everyone here. Superwide is probably the best way to go to get the very best out of the 3080. Superwide isn't suitable for me personally due to a visual impairment that I have, so I've gone down the 4k route. I'm very impressed with the XG27UQ recommended in SpyderTracks' post which I've bought ahead of getting a new PC. Currently got it hooked upto my 1080p 144hz laptop and I'm liking what I see so far. Managed to get one for £800, but I was watching all the sites that sell them like a hawk as they're in pretty short supply as a 4k monitor for less than £1,000.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Glad you're happy with your purchase, buddy. Once you're fully hooked up post some more pics. I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 34 inch screen and looking out across the vistas is just stunning. You'll be weeping with joy on that beast 😂

I will do, got to show off the new toys eh :D:D and tbh the wife just doesn't have the same excitement about it as me and all you guys :oops::ROFLMAO:

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I can say that the monitor @AgentCooper mentions is simply EPIC, I got mines yesterday morning and man its amazing, picture is amazing and as big as it is when you sit in front of it it just feels natural, its taking me most of yesterday and some of today to get fully used to the curve, but now like I say it feels normal (y)

Isn't cheap, but boy is it worth it, such is the awesomeness of this monitor, I was on a waiting list, got email about stock, and now its gone from shelves with a new add name to email list again.

I've temporarily placed on my old desk, until my custom one is built, added some pics, though they defo don't do it proud as phone camera not the best.

Any chance you could let me know what the distance between the wall corner and the middle of screen is.

Im thinking about getting this monitor and I'm in process of building a custom desk myself, with the monitor in the corner so a few measurements could come in handy

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Any chance you could let me know what the distance between the wall corner and the middle of screen is.

Im thinking about getting this monitor and I'm in process of building a custom desk myself, with the monitor in the corner so a few measurements could come in handy
Sure thing boss, I’ll do that later for ya

Guilders

Silver Level Poster

Sorry for delay, in the middle of building a loft bed for one of the boys so was doing all the prep work!!

So from corner to middle of screen is 450mm, thats as far in as it goes for me, left side touching wall and right side touching a protrusion from the window frame, so you may be able to get that measurement down to 430mm at best.

The screen itself is 1115mm wide from end to end and it's depth, if you were to draw a straight line across from edge to edge is approx 200mm.

Hope that helps, any further questions fire away.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Sorry for delay, in the middle of building a loft bed for one of the boys so was doing all the prep work!!

So from corner to middle of screen is 450mm, thats as far in as it goes for me, left side touching wall and right side touching a protrusion from the window frame, so you may be able to get that measurement down to 430mm at best.

The screen itself is 1115mm wide from end to end and it's depth, if you were to draw a straight line across from edge to edge is approx 200mm.

Hope that helps, any further questions fire away.
Many thanks, helps a lot.