Monitor for 4080

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

would those be a good idea? as would like to wall mount it but i can wait for a while as there are currently no cases on this website besides the cosmos case and i think that might be a little too big lol that can hold the 4080 anyways

They're both great, I think the Gigabyte is newer and better quality, more money is going into the design rather than the brand name

But don't buy anything until Friday/Monday as there may well be some crazy deals (Black Friday/Cyber Monday)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd also suggest you check that a 43" 16:9 screen will suit your eyes/room...as it's VERY large when used at bout 2 feet distance.

I use a similarly-sized LG OLED in the bedroom that I watch TV and play Xbox on from 8 feet away.

(y)

They're both great, I think the Gigabyte is newer and better quality, more money is going into the design rather than the brand name

But don't buy anything until Friday/Monday as there may well be some crazy deals (Black Friday/Cyber Monday)

Yes I will wait until friday/monday see what offers are on but looks like a winner so far lol

I'd also suggest you check that a 43" 16:9 screen will suit your eyes/room...as it's VERY large when used at bout 2 feet distance.

I use a similarly-sized LG OLED in the bedroom that I watch TV and play Xbox on from 8 feet away.

(y)
And OFC gonnna have to get the tape measure out see how it will look on the wall next to my desk lol as thats why i was not going to consider the g9 as that would of been too rediculuous

Not consider the Samsung G9 ??? 😲😲😲
I think the g9 would be a bit too big for my gaming area i did like the look of the new alien ware curved one too but so many options to think off lol still need to get the computer first but parts always delayed on the website lmao see what happens next month hopefully parts will be in by then

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
what do you guys think of this monitor as seen excellent reviews on youtube etc https://www.currys.co.uk/products/a...urved-oled-gaming-monitor-white-10239238.html
It's what I've just bought after getting bored of waiting for a 32" 144hz 4k OLED.

It was on sale for £949 on the Dell website last week - but the offer has gone now.

They've put the 38" IPS ultrawide AW3821DW in the same for the a similar price (although not sure it's worth the premium over the OLED model for a slightly bigger screen)...

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Now, I know the Alienware AW3423DW (non-F version) is supposed to be firmware locked at the factory and doesn't allow end-user upgrades...but my Alienware control centre has just told me that it wants to do a firmware update!!!

I've told it to go ahead, but as soon as I clicked confirm I suddenly wondered if it would break my perfectly-functioning monitor with its rare silent fan(s).

Just waiting for it to complete and restart, and we'll see...(and I'm posting from the Mac just in case 😬 )

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well, it's alive.

Firmware gone from M0B102 and...
Before.png

...to M0B106 and...
After.png

Patch notes say:
  • Fix occasionally happen [sic] screen flicker
  • Improve input latency

Last edited: