Monitor for RTX 3090 system

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just to explain the reason I'm asking the above, I'm not trying to sound obsequeous, there is a reason for it, it may be that you don't realise the possiblities and expectations with modern gaming monitors.

It's like TV's, above a certain size, the expectation isn't that you have it on the stand on the desk, it takes up far too much space on the desk and isn't practical.

Like with TV's, it would be expected to either wall mount it, or use a desk bracket on which you mount it.

There are loads of different options, and various different mounting methods if it's a desk mount.

I have for instance a desk mount which is drilled into the desk, but you can get clamp ones also. Wall mounts are just like any TV mount.

IMG_1851.jpeg

I'm gonna definitely get grilled about dust again :eek:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Furthermore with 4k, there are only a couple of entry level monitors that are under 32".

It's widely considered that 32" is the smallest you want to go to actually be able to appreciate the pixel density.

So you'll find that most 4k monitors are rather a lot larger than you're looking at.

The following are all available now.

If the budget was there, this is what I'd recommend for 4k:

Then for Superwide there is only really one option that's worth going for:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also, out of interest what VR headset do you have? There isn’t a GPU on the planet that could run 2 x 4k eye monitors at 90hz, just not possible atm.

ChristopherH

Thanks for your info.

I dont think I can spend the amounts for the two 4k screens (and they are too big) and the G9 looks far too big for my small desk. My current PC is on the floor and I dont think I can go beyond 30" on my desk for a monitor. A desk mount wont fit on my desk and leave space for me. I have a small room and space is at a premium. Going too big for the desk doesnt feel right.

should I wait for availability in say a year and just go with a 4k 60hz or a 1440p 144hz for now and then sell it and buy a good 4k when they become more available and possibly cheaper?

My headset is a HP Reverb G2 and it is 2160x2160 per eye at 90hz (my bad)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for your info.

I dont think I can spend the amounts for the two 4k screens (and they are too big) and the G9 looks far too big for my small desk. My current PC is on the floor and I dont think I can go beyond 30" on my desk for a monitor. A desk mount wont fit on my desk and leave space for me. I have a small room and space is at a premium. Going too big for the desk doesnt feel right.

should I wait for availability in say a year and just go with a 4k 60hz or a 1440p 144hz for now and then sell it and buy a good 4k when they become more available and possibly cheaper?

My headset is a HP Reverb G2 and it is 2160x2160 per eye at 90hz (my bad)
Ok, I don't really understand where you're coming from, deskmount doesn't take any room on the desk, that's the entire point of it.

But I get you want it the way you want it.

1440p 144Hz or 240Hz would be far better than 4k 60Hz for gaming, but it will suck for productivity, so it's really your call on which is more important.

ChristopherH

my desk is 62cm by 92cm and is a small table rather than a desk. It is up against the wall so I can get past it and so no space for anything to hang off the back of the desk. Looking at your image the screen pushes forward and I would be very close to it with not much space in front of the screen.

What do you mean by productivity?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
my desk is 62cm by 92cm and is a small table rather than a desk. It is up against the wall so I can get past it and so no space for anything to hang off the back of the desk. Looking at your image the screen pushes forward and I would be very close to it with not much space in front of the screen.

What do you mean by productivity?
That's larger than my desk btw. You can put the screen as far back or forward as you like, it's on a pivot arm, like any mount, it's fully moveable.

Productivity is photo editing and video editing, video editing especially.

ChristopherH

Ok thanks very much for all your help. It is my bedtime soon and so I will signoff for now as I have a few things to do . I may need a bit more help tomrrow after I absorb all your comments again.

ChristopherH

ok I found this:

I can buy it on amazon for £365 it is Gsync compatible.

Will it do the trick?
Or is there a better 27" 144hz+ for me?

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
It just about passes muster in the knowledge that it's a stop gap. But the fact you've splurged almost £1.5-2k just on a gpu and are then going to plug in a £350 monitor into it is tearing at my soul.

ChristopherH

gpu also for vr headset.
there are just no 4k high refresh monitors available atm
going to wait for a bit before buying 1440p to see if my options improve

ChristopherH

I would like to know what people think of this:

before the new high refresh rate 4k screens people were using 4k 60hz and were I assume perfectly happy playing games including fps on such screens. So if I get a 4k 60hz monitor then it should be ok for games generally (as a stop gap) even if not as good for frame rates as a 1440p 144hz monitor? I dont play highly competitive games but would like to experience the FPS in Elite Dangerous Odyseey and a few other titles. Will my experience be a bad one at 60hz refresh or will it be acceptably fine just as it has been for other gamers for several years since 4k came out? Because if it is ok then I would prefer 4k to 1440p and this would answer my question as to wehter to go 1440p 144hz or 4k 60hz. My 3090 would be under-utilised but I have to accept this until I can get my hands on a 4k high refresh rate monitor.