Monitor / GFX card help please!

Boothy

Hey Guys (and gals) could anyone just help me? I'm in a bit of a pickle...

I'm not too clued up when it comes to this kind of thing so any help is really appreciated, I currently own 2 4k monitors, the main one is a 32" Saumsung U32R59X and the second is a 28" Asus PB287Q. (They are not really great monitors for gaming I know this)

I'm currently running a 2080ti and me and the misses are looking into getting 2 matching PC's (yes.. sad I know haha:ROFLMAO:) Now, would I benefit from replacing one of the screens with an ultrawide 1440p 144hz monitor, or is the 4k still better due to the higher resolution?

We have about £3.5k each to spend on a new PC, including monitor.

Also, would you bother to upgrade the 2080ti to a 3080/3090?

Thank you so much for any help!

Boothy

Oh I'm really not bothered about waiting a few months or whatever it will be for the card.. Games atm are like WoW, Apex Legends, Witcher 3 etc..

Quite a few games really, will be buying cyberpunk I think at some point as well..

Thanks for the reply mate.

CallMeGoughy

Tbh im not the best one the site to tell you what you need etc but pretty sure a 2080ti is perfect for them games if your running in 1080 or 1444p 4k probs could do with the upgrade to a 3080 just ordered my pc 3 days ago and pretty sure there is a 4-5 month wait for the card but if you can wait i would say to pick one up OR you could wait for the 3080ti and if you already have a 2080ti probably the best idea. Regarding the monitor i use a XL2740 ZOWIE 240hz monitor but its max 1080p in my opinion 1080p is still the best on FPS games etc 1444p is also getting there. Cyberpunk i would actually watch a few videos on benchmarks for the obvious reasons :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would definitely say a superwide would be a worthwhile investment for the 2080ti and upgrades down the line. I wouldn’t bother upgrading the GPU just yet, should see you happy for another generation.

The Samsung G9 is the one to go for, it’s a dual 1440p:

Boothy

Yeah I do like the 2080ti I'm just in that "I WANT TO UPGRADE" frame of mind :ROFLMAO:(especially when the boss told me we could drop £3.5k on a PC each lol) and no I don't mind the wait of a good few months for the new cards to be in stock.

Thanks for the info tho mate, appreciated!

Boothy

I would definitely say a superwide would be a worthwhile investment for the 2080ti and upgrades down the line. I wouldn’t bother upgrading the GPU just yet, should see you happy for another generation.

The Samsung G9 is the one to go for, it’s a dual 1440p:

Oh my I do like that monitor.. I may have to just get her a PC, keep mine.. and use my money on a new monitor

Cheers for that info bud

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh my I do like that monitor.. I may have to just get her a PC, keep mine.. and use my money on a new monitor

Cheers for that info bud
It's quite simply the best of the best and will have a lot of room to grow with GPU upgrades also, it's a beautiful monitor. A few guys on here have one and they swear by it.

4k 144Hz is all well and good, but this gives you a much much more immersive experience, you'll love it.

CallMeGoughy

It's quite simply the best of the best and will have a lot of room to grow with GPU upgrades also, it's a beautiful monitor. A few guys on here have one and they swear by it.

4k 144Hz is all well and good, but this gives you a much much more immersive experience, you'll love it.
Aint 4k 144hz like 2k still or they dropped?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Aint 4k 144hz like 2k still or they dropped?
The whole 2k 4k thing is nonsense really. 4k is actually 3840 x 2160, the 4k coming from the almost 4000 of the horizontal. 1440p is sometime referred to as 2k but is 2560 across the horizontal. None of it makes any sense other than you can fit 4 1080p screens into a 4k panel.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
The whole 2k 4k thing is nonsense really. 4k is actually 3840 x 2160, the 4k coming from the almost 4000 of the horizontal. 1440p is sometime referred to as 2k but is 2560 across the horizontal. None of it makes any sense other than you can fit 4 1080p screens into a 4k panel.
I think he meant £2k

Boothy

I'm going to get one mate, going to buy her a PC with the 3080 when they come in stock and just stick with my 2080ti for now until I get jealous of her with a better graphics card :ROFLMAO:

Again thanks for the help mate!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm going to get one mate, going to buy her a PC with the 3080 when they come in stock and just stick with my 2080ti for now until I get jealous of her with a better graphics card :ROFLMAO:

Again thanks for the help mate!
Pleasure, Happy New Year 🥳