Monitor Help

oli090

Enthusiast
So my mum kindly bought me a nice gaming pc for christmas and a year later im looking for some upgrades. Mainly my monitor, im looking for 2 new monitors so i can dual my gaming rig as i currently switch between 1 tv for pc and xbox. I will require a 1920x1080 monitor (2 of them) and i want 2 with very small inside bits so there isnt a big gap between the two monitors. I use it for light gaming (minecraft and LoL) so i dont need a super fast time thing for gaming. I am a noob at monitors and i just bought a tv for my xbox 2 years ago and i used that for my pc. My budget is preferably £200-250 and would like atleast 20" i am open to ideas from people who know more and would appreciate very much.

samwil

Enthusiast
Just under your budget
(Just realised I shouldn't post this link)

Acer S240HLbid 24
By like 8p :)
24 Inch, 1920x1080 monitors, recommend them myself.

oli090

Enthusiast
Thanks alot, one of the other things i want is monitors that look good and not just blocky and boring. You say you recommend them so do you have them? If you do, do they have HDMI ports and do they have a auto power off function as i fall asleep alot at nights watching flims and my mum gets mad when she comes into my room to wake me up and finds all my electronics still on and burning electricity. Also any pro's and con's, it would be good to hear?

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
@oli090, can you refrain from swearing please, these are public and family forums

Thanks.

Also, you should check out the Iiyama range, they look pretty cool. I couldn't fault mine.

If you get two screens, you could get a dual monitor mount so they sit nicely next to each other. :)

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
I agree with tom, i got three iiyama 22inch monitors and they're brill, not only are they good and cheap but they have fine sides so you cant see the gap that much.

samwil

Enthusiast
the monitor I suggested has probably less than a 1cm gap, and they are slimmer than iilyama monitors, they have automatic standby functions but I'm not sure about shutdown, there are alot of options so I would guess so, the standby mode uses a tiny amount of power also, and these monitors are considered Earth friendly, whatever that means.

iilyama are good but my personal preference is ACER, the stand for the iilyama I had was terrible, so yea ACER for me however just depends what your after.

oli090

Enthusiast
looking at that acer thanks though guys the iiyama a little bit out of my budget now maybe get 3 in a years time but i also want to upgrade my GPU :)