Monitor help.

Halfabrain

Hey,

I've been trying to choose a monitor all night and have narrowed it down to a few I'd like to spend £180 max but I'd like to get the best for my money so far I've narrowed it down to:

[Links removed by Steaky360]

Edit:

I also consider these ones:

I play alot of PC games but I am also considering buying an xbox one and will run this through my monitor which is why I need a new one as my current one does not have an HDMI port and obviously I will need an audio in so that my speakers can pick up the audio from the xbox one (if i do decide to get one)

I primarily play PC games though mostly league of legends but I do play graphically heavy games such as ARMA III, DayZ and most single player games which interest me.
I found the Acer one to be interesting as it is £100 cheaper than anywhere on that site but it is out of stock so wondered if its worth the wait. If it matters my card is a nvidia geforce gtx 760 and I would prefer to run my desktop through DVI rather than VGA if possible (currently converting)

To summarise, I want the best for my money for playing PC games primarily and also maybe an xbox one in the future.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

steaky360

Hi Halfabrain, you are not permitted to display competitor links on this forum. So I have had to remove them.

You can explain which monitors you were looking for (i.e. the make/model) but no links to competitors selling them.

Halfabrain

BenQ XL2411Z 24"

Asus VG248QE4 24"

BenQ BL2411PT 24"

The BL2411PT has IPS however, these have 60Hz refresh rate so I feel like I'm learning towards the TN 144Hz refresh rate monitors as I have heard there is a noticeable difference above 90Hz+ .

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
BenQ XL2411Z 24"

Asus VG248QE4 24"

BenQ BL2411PT 24"

The BL2411PT has IPS however, these have 60Hz refresh rate so I feel like I'm learning towards the TN 144Hz refresh rate monitors as I have heard there is a noticeable difference above 90Hz+ .

I don't know about refresh rates and the benefits of higher hertz, but I do know that the Asus monitors are very impressive all around. I would certainly give it a go over the BenQ's...

steaky360

Some good advice offered in another thread is to actually go and see some of the monitors for yourself. No matter what anyone tells you, your preference might end up being different to mine or anyone else's. So its always best to see for yourself if you can.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Some good advice offered in another thread is to actually go and see some of the monitors for yourself. No matter what anyone tells you, your preference might end up being different to mine or anyone else's. So its always best to see for yourself if you can.

That is good advice.