Monitor issues

Gentlemen,

I have a similar issue. I received my PC 3 weeks ago. plugged all the cables in and booted up. 1 long followed by 3 short beeps. Checked the cables and manual, removed the DP cable and plugged GPU to monitor with HDMI. PC booted and started set-up. After reading the full manual I realized that i wont get the full potential out of my monitor and GPU unless i switch to DP (144hz). when i use the DP I get a white light on the MoBo , 1 long and 3 short beeps. I have re-seated the memory and GPU but every time i start the pc i get the same...

Now, I know you say to switch on the monitor before starting but the monitor doesnt switch on unless the pc is started? ( I think, pressed the buttons but monitor stays black)

I also dont have a start-up screen when using the DP.(Cant get into the bios to check if there's a setting to switch) how do i get rid of the beeps? its driving me mental..

My spec and monitor is listed below...Can anyone tell me if there's a setting or something I'm missing?

Case COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3300 MB/R, 2900 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD)
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc Single License
down_right_arrow.gif
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNorton 360 inc. Game Optimizer - Free 90 Day License
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge
MonitorCoolermaster GM34-CWQ 34" - 3440 x 1440, 0.5MS, 144Hz

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Now, I know you say to switch on the monitor before starting but the monitor doesnt switch on unless the pc is started? ( I think, pressed the buttons but monitor stays black)
When you turn off the pc, the mo.ktor goes into sleep mode assuming you're not physically turning it off at the monitor.

Before powering on the PC you need to wake the monitor by turning on the power switch to physically wake it so that it's broadcasting a signal that the PC can read when it's powered on.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I also dont have a start-up screen when using the DP.(Cant get into the bios to check if there's a setting to switch) how do i get rid of the beeps? its driving me mental..
This is a separate issue with the firmware on the dp port of the GPU, you need to apply the Nvidia dp firmware update

You will also need to fully uninstall Norton with the official uninstaller

When you turn off the pc, the mo.ktor goes into sleep mode assuming you're not physically turning it off at the monitor.

Before powering on the PC you need to wake the monitor by turning on the power switch to physically wake it so that it's broadcasting a signal that the PC can read when it's powered on.
No im not switching the monitor off. it wakes when the pc is switched on but gives no boot screen, 1 long 3 short beeps and white light on Mobo stays on. i assume this is because the MoBo didnt find the GPU if plugged through PD port.

I assume this will be solved if i update the firmware on the nvidia GPU?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No im not switching the monitor off. it wakes when the pc is switched on but gives no boot screen, 1 long 3 short beeps and white light on Mobo stays on. i assume this is because the MoBo didnt find the GPU if plugged through PD port.

I assume this will be solved if i update the firmware on the nvidia GPU?
Firstly you need to test by waking the monitor before powering the pc
Does it still give the same beep codes?

These are 2 separate issues, it's not one.

Ok will check my monitor, not sure how to switch it on before switching the PC on... I tried pressing the joystick button on the back before switching on the pc but the screen stays black.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok will check my monitor, not sure how to switch it on before switching the PC on... I tried pressing the joystick button on the back before switching on the pc but the screen stays black.
The screen will be black because there's no signal, you just need to make sure it's power light is on, not in standby

SpyderTracks,

I have uninstalled Norton and updated the GPU firmware. The white light and beeps was gone when i started the pc using the DP port. I do however have some strange things happening when playing games with Ray-tracing. for example: playing Minecraft last night I loaded into a RTX world, the world was black and the game crashed - error said "out of memory". I am currently downloading Dark Tide, and will check if all is ok with the GPU performance in WH Dark Tide. I have not tried to overclock and will do some more investigating over the holidays before adjusting/overclocking.

Thanks for your assistance, i will post my findings after further testing and bench marking.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
SpyderTracks,

I have uninstalled Norton and updated the GPU firmware. The white light and beeps was gone when i started the pc using the DP port. I do however have some strange things happening when playing games with Ray-tracing. for example: playing Minecraft last night I loaded into a RTX world, the world was black and the game crashed - error said "out of memory". I am currently downloading Dark Tide, and will check if all is ok with the GPU performance in WH Dark Tide. I have not tried to overclock and will do some more investigating over the holidays before adjusting/overclocking.

Thanks for your assistance, i will post my findings after further testing and bench marking.
Where did you source the gpu firmware?

Support sent me a link:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...nvidia-gpu-firmware-update-tool-for-displayid

I also noticed that the Nvidia control panel was non responsive (didnt open when i clicked on the icon.) so i re-installed the driver and it now opens. I set to 144hz but the windows display setting was on 120hz. When i set the windows setting to 144hz the txt is blury. I will have to check all settings and see whats going on. set both to 120hz for now.