Monitor question

PadForce

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, I was recently considering an eyefinity setup but am moving house and dont think I will have enough space so instead I was thinking about a large single monitor, 27" or something. My friend however said there were two types, TN or IPS. Can anybody who understands the difference a bit explain if paying basically double for an IPS monitor would be worth it when I only use the comp for gaming?

Thanks,

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Personally I have no idea what the difference would be.

But I do know that IIyama models are very good screens and perfect for gaming, I have one, I would look no further if I ever wanted another two.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
Well broadly speaking IPS monitors will have better colors and viewing angles than TN monitors. However they tend to have higher (worse) response times and cost more. This is a pretty broad generalisation, but you probably aren't looking for a huge article on the detailed differences.

For gaming a TN monitor is generally the best way to go, plus its cheaper.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I did once read about the benefits of IPS monitors, but really it was more on the photo/video and artwork side of things where colour is really the most important factor. For gaming an iiyama monitor from PCS is ideal.