Monitor Suggestions to Match INFERNO-L2

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Dr_Turkeltin

Is there any better for this price range to match the build? Would it make much of a difference if I pushed the budget to £400?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Would it fairly match the PC build as such? Or am I better possibly spending more on a monitor?
No, it’s a decent monitor, it’s “budget” as in the manufacturer are considered budget but AOC have really disrupted the entry level market because they’re stuff is such high quality.

Some other alternatives are all nearer the £400 mark as stocks are short and prices have risen due to COVID, but the experience would be largely the same.

This monitor is a big step up though as has HDR10 which is usually only found on £600+ monitors, if you can step up to this it would be worthwhile:

ASUS TUF Gaming VG27BQ HDR Gaming Monitor, 27 Inch WQHD (2560x1440), 0.4 ms, 155 Hz, ELMB Sync, G-SYNC Compatible, Adaptive-Sync, HDR10 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VW9ZD6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oKo4EbQRTZSN9

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
I have the original monitor you’ve posted. Have a look here

Always have to factor in your own future plans and uses (and budget!) to these types of decisions too. I am very happy with the monitor so far although I’ve not yet pushed it too hard.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh right yes I understand what you are saying now. Would it definitely be worth upgrading to it then for gaming yeah?
That ASUS really beats almost anything below £600 as there just isn’t another option with the same specs that includes HDR10.

HDR is a relatively new (to gaming) colour enhancement that really does make the image pop out and become much more vibrant. I’d say it’s well worth it.

Dr_Turkeltin

I think I’m sold on the ASUS Monitor think I’ll definitely upgrade to it instead. And the Inferno is fully compatible with it yeah?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If I was buying a monitor I don't think I could not opt for HDR to be honest. It takes such a small toll on the GPU but the contrast effect is huge.

Dr_Turkeltin

Oh really, that good? Definitely sold on getting the ASUS to match the build.

You wouldn’t happen to know if the Fractal Design Focus G case could hold the Inferno build? At the moment it’s case is out of stock and I already have the Fractal case.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Oh really, that good? Definitely sold on getting the ASUS to match the build.

You wouldn’t happen to know if the Fractal Design Focus G case could hold the Inferno build? At the moment it’s case is out of stock and I already have the Fractal case.

Yes, it would be absolutely fine. I'm not sure if PCS would allow this sort of thing but you could certainly call and ask. I would personally prefer the Focus G to the V200 at any rate :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
No difference to the system, maybe a difference to your eyes. It really depends how far from the monitor you will be.

27" is about the sweet spot for 1440p. 31.5" isn't too much of a stretch so it will likely be fine. The only issue is that the pixels may become visible to your naked eye.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Oh ok I see. Would you still recommend 27” then?

I genuinely don't know. I haven't seen a 31" 1440p monitor in person to comment.

For me, the bigger the better. I love a big screen. But, I wouldn't want to see the pixels. What I don't know is if the pixels would be visible at this screen size.

Here is a discussion on it. Opinion seems to vary...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I genuinely don't know. I haven't seen a 31" 1440p monitor in person to comment.

For me, the bigger the better. I love a big screen. But, I wouldn't want to see the pixels. What I don't know is if the pixels would be visible at this screen size.

Here is a discussion on it. Opinion seems to vary...

I think it’s only the really sensitive “competitive” players that would notice pixelation at 32” on 1440p.

Ive seen one up close and couldn’t notice any pixels at all, was lovely.