Monitor Thoughts

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Well my tax check clears tomorrow and I'm getting my first of two monitors as pay day isn't until the end of the month and I'm needing a new monitor sharpish as my bro wants this TV back ( I 'acquired' it while he went to uni now he wants it back :p Lol )

Just want to know what people think of this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-085-IY&tool=3 and whether having two of them will affect my FPS at all on games at max settings etc?? Just want to know in advance as my desk is a little too small for 3 monitors but 2 slightly bigger monitors will fit just fine I reckon :)

Thanks in advance for advice :) my gaming setup/room is one step closer to becoming complete :D

Cheers

Jonny :)

Maestro

Will you be gaming or is it for professional use. Because this is an ips panel ideal for great colour reproduction for graphics designers etc. But slow response time, so not ideal for gaming etc. For gaming the faster response time the better.

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
For one monitor idealy I don't want to be spending more than £150 including delivery on one monitor and the monitor will be used for gaming as I don't plan on using my computer for anything else just yet I don't think :)

I was looking at the OCUK 22 inch monitors for less than £100 they seem to get great reviews for the price etc :)

Vaio

Enthusiast
As Maestro said, you don't really want an IPS for gaming, great for viewing things ect but it has quite a slow response time, so if you're playing FPS game it might look choppy if you move the mouse fast.
And you can't really go wrong with Iiyama/asus from past experience. I bought my Samsung monitor from OCUK.

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Ahh thanks for the help :) I've bought the 22 inch AoC monitor that OCUK have up for under £100. For 1920x1080 gameplay and for an LED monitor it isn't a bad price really if I'm honest :) And the second one will be with me at the end of the month all being well and all :) Then I can start looking to paying off my computer lol :p