Monitor with speakers

Illmatc-

Hey guys, looking at getting a new monitor to go along side my laptop. I have an Ionico 17 - now can't afford to be going too crazy with it, I might be able to wait a couple of months, save abit and get a better 165hz screen, but to be honest I think 144 might be fine. The Ionicos screen has made me now unable to go back to my 1080p monitor I think haha

I've found this 2ish year old Benq 1440p display which has incredible speakers in (for a montior) which I currently need. I only use my laptops speakers at the moment which are alright but can be abit quiet in movies. The model I am looking at is

BenQ EX2780Q 27-Inch QHD​

which comes in at a very low price of £260 on the Benq website, possibly cheaper elsewhere too.

I also note the Ionicos don't have a display port input which means I wouldn't be able to game at 165hz anyway, am I right in this? What if I had a dock station that connected via USB-C? Wouldn't that still only be able to output 144hz?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Illmatc-

Actually I've just found some speakers with a sub lying in a cupboard I had forgotten about so the speakers isn't as much as a decider anymore.