Motherboard had a beeping fit... Not sure as to why.

Gishank

Bright Spark
Hi.

Well, although I'm fairly knowledgable with Technology, motherboards are one of my weak points. My system has a "ASUS® M4A87TD/USB3: DUAL DDR3,SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0" board, unfortuently I placed the starter pack including the spare parts in the loft for safe-keeping and don't have the time to go up there and search so I though I'd post here.

Last night, I turned off my computer normally via Windows 7's shutdown method. I came back to the computer later on in the evening to notice it was still on but on the "Shutting Down" window. As I was about to go to bed I decided to hard-shutdown the system as I have done before when this has happend on both this and other systems.

This morning I turned on my computer and the motherboard had a beeping fit. It was just continual beeping with no pattern, it then showed me the boot windows normally option as it didn't shutdown correctly so I did and immediately as Windows began booting the beeping stopped.

As far as I can tell all my hardware is functioning. Anyone have any ideas as to the cause?

LinearHD

Rising Star
From my experience, the beeping means that there is a problem with the RAM... try reseating it, and then try using one stick at a time in one slot at a time, to methodically eliminate possibilities. Post back when you have some results and if they solved your problem :D

Gishank

Bright Spark
As prior stated, there is no noticable hardware issue. All my hardware is recognised and running as it should be.