Motherboard problem

MNK_35

It's a possibility, maybe, that the PC's whinge about the overclock was:

a) Asus software that either you had before, or that you managed to install when doing the new install, which automatically overclocked the system and (as is common for the older Asus software) didn't do a good job of it.

b) The PC was complaining about the RAM's XMP profile for some reason.

c) something else I have no idea about.

If it's a) and the system is, now at at least, definitely not overclocked then it doesn't matter and hopefully won't happen again. If you have Asus AI Suite installed, or whatever the program masquerades as these days, maybe get rid of it.

As for b) You could download CPU-Z and check the "Memory" tab to see what frequency your RAM is running at. Post a screenshot. If it turns out the RAM isn't 1600MHz (or 800MHz, which is what it'll show as in CPU-Z) but rather 1333MHz / 667MHz then you'll likely want to switch the XMP profile back and maybe that was what the OC message was about.

So I had 2 errors in a row, first the Display error (and screen went black), shortly after it started rebooting like that several times without fully loading, so just a few second and it was rebooting again. Then I stopped it and turned it on again and a message popped up while loading saying overclocking failure or something like that. Then is when it didn't even turn on anymore, power button didn't work for over an hour or so. (Could be from overheating?)

a) I went in the BIOS and made sure it was not in turbo mode, and it's in power saving. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.
I don't have Asus AI Suite or anything like that installed.

b) I will look into that later on and post back. Hopefully have some time tonight or maybe tomorrow. What a week! :S

Thanks so much again

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
So the 3 fans probably plug into 3 of these 4 small connectors:
innercablefans_small.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Obsidian_650D/4.html

This connects the fans to connect to the case's fan controller. Which is then connected to the PSU with a molex power connector (the thing on the right of the photo).

Can you establish if the 3 fans are all plugged into those things? And if the molex connector from the fan controller is plugged into the PSU?

If the molex cable is loose, none of the fans will spin.