Motherboard running 100-115°C

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Decided to download HW Monitor to check temps, and found my Motherboard is running between 100 and 115°C. No idea how long it's been like this and glad I'll have a new PC in the next 3-4 weeks.

What could the causes be?

All other temps are fine.
Thermal Paste has never been changed in 8 years.
All fans running.
Nothing is overclocked.
The only fans I've cleaned is the CPU Cooler fan. - Fans: 1 exhaust, 2 top, 1 front.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Decided to download HW Monitor to check temps, and found my Motherboard is running between 100 and 115°C. No idea how long it's been like this and glad I'll have a new PC in the next 3-4 weeks.

What could the causes be?

All other temps are fine.
Thermal Paste has never been changed in 8 years.
All fans running.
Nothing is overclocked.
The only fans I've cleaned is the CPU Cooler fan. - Fans: 1 exhaust, 2 top, 1 front.
I very much doubt the motherboard itself is running at over 100c as it would have been on fire a long time ago, you have to be careful which sensor you're reading as certain sensors like Temp2 will often be over 100c, but that's completely normal.

2021-08-22 21_45_01-Window.png

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Holy kerschmoly! Hopefully that’s just a borked sensor 😮

Surely you’d likely be smelling burning plastic if that was an accurate readout.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah, reading another thread related to the exact same issue on the same board, it appears that board actually doesn't have any motherboard sensors, so it's just reporting some number out of thin air.

Check in the BIOS if there's any motherboard reading, if not, that tells you there's no sensor and as such, HWMonitor can't be accurate.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
In fact, just boot into the BIOS and check the temps in there, it may well be a stuck sensor, or even HWMonitor getting confused.

Specs in Signature. I checked BIOS, and only saw the temp for the CPU and that was in the low 30s.

Hopefully it's just a false reading

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ah, reading another thread related to the exact same issue on the same board, it appears that board actually doesn't have any motherboard sensors, so it's just reporting some number out of thin air.
This would be my thinking. When reading a sensor value that looks odd the first thing to check is that the sensor is actually there and you're not just reading noise.