Motherboard upgrade

Ash

Hey guys. I bought my PC from here around 18 months ago and it has served me very well.

I had a very tight budget at the time so I picked a cheap motherboard, the basic case, only 4GB of RAM, a 500GB HDD, a basic 450w PSU and an average GPU. In fact, the only decent thing I put in it was an i5 2400.

Since then, I've upgraded the RAM to 8GB of Corsair Vengeance ram (looks beautiful), I've taken out the HD6670 and put in a GTX670, I've added a SSD and I've put it all inside the Aerocool Strike-X One.

Now, my motherboard (ASUS P8H67-M) is a bit low-end. My main gripe with it is it doesn't support USB 3.0. I don't know much about motherboards and their compatibility so I was wondering which one I should get. My full system specs are in my signature.

Side questions, how many fans can you usually plug directly into the motherboard? Mine only has space for the CPU fan and the fan that came with the case. Is it like that on most cases? Also, is it easy to swap motherboards? I've already disconnected everything from it and got it all working again. My main concern is the CPU. Is that easy to remove and connect to a new motherboard?

I'm looking to spend a decent amount of money but not OTT.

Cheers pals.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Now, my motherboard (ASUS P8H67-M) is a bit low-end. My main gripe with it is it doesn't support USB 3.0.
I wouldn't get a new motherboard just for USB 3.0. If you need a new motherboard to SLI or better overclocking then that could justified buying a new one.

Reactions: Ash