Mounting arm

Supahero

Im looking to get a mounting arm for a wide monitor, can someone recommend a sturdy one please?

steaky360

It depends on what kind of wide monitor you have (is it just a 'normal' monitor but 32" or whatever or is it a large curved type, etc.).

If its something like the G9 you're pretty limited in terms of articulated mounting arms from what I've seen out on the market and read in reviews (due to the large curve of that monitor it stresses the pivots etc. on those kinds of mounts. There's basically only one option I've seen that works (Ergotron HX with heavy duty pivot) but its rather expensive (Ergotron apparently designed the heavy duty pivot specifically for monitors like the G9.

I use a wall mounted articulated type mount with my G9 monitor (which may not be suitable for you) - Eono by Amazon

Obviously if your monitor is smaller/lighter then you don't need such a large mount and there are many lower cost options available.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Im looking to get a mounting arm for a wide monitor, can someone recommend a sturdy one please?
I would highly recommend Lindy, they're a bit expensive, but it's a fully modular setup, so you buy a pole in various configurations, depending on how you want to afix it: Drill into desk, desk clamp etc...

Then you buy the arm modular piece separately as a secondary bit.

I've just had a scenario where I needed to move one of my 2 gaming monitors from my gaming desk downstairs, and rather than having to buy a whole new mount for the single monitor that's now on my gaming setup, all I had to do was buy the modular arm bracket, so was much cheaper, and I can revert to a dual monitor setup whenever I want.

They're also rated for higher weights than normal units and are built incredibly well and fully adjustable. Can't recommend them enough.

Supahero

Thank you guys,ergotron hx seems expensive but better be safe. I will use it dor the alienware 34 curved one.

Supahero

Got my hx arm and i must say it is awesome!
It is a monster, i think it can hold up much bigger monitors so with a 34 38 inch it is overpowered but i like the peace of mind .

comes well packaged and it is vey easy to assemble and adjust.

The setup is under construction, waiting for the pc and other stuff but very happy about the mounting arm !
FA527574-CBD7-4EFD-AC02-305D508AEF1A.jpeg
11315E03-0568-4029-B9E2-21956C07E076.jpeg
37345057-0FC4-4F11-9AC2-C7968842B560.jpeg
6DD60D51-8DFA-40CF-8A59-2F01E849B59E.jpeg

Last edited: