Movie DVD burning tool

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

Have some avi files that I want to burn to disc to play on a dvd player, used to use the MovieMaker software that was included in Win7, but now on Win8. I'm a bit anal and would like to make a pretty menu for the DVD etc, also they're 720p sources which I'd like to retain. I'm happy to spend a bit of money as well.

What do you guys suggest? I've looked at some of the open source options and found them to be a bit limiting and old school, several wouldn't support HD formats.

Thanks for the help.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I use ConvertXtoDVD,it really is an excellent program,can't remember what I paid for it but wasn't all that expensive for what you get.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks guys for the input. Looked at DVD Flick and although it looks very good, unfortunately development on it finished a while ago. I'm a stickler for updates.

Looked at ConvertXtoDVD and it's really fully featured and although it's been around a while, they've got a recent update for it. Was about to purchase when saw they have a new one called VSO Video Converter (Link below), basically the same as ConvertXtoDVD but with CUDA processing and a couple of other enhancements. As it was the same price, seems a no brainer.

Added bonus of lifetime updates also which suits me down to the ground :rockon:

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/video-converter/vso-video-converter.php

Edit: Pretty nippy bit of software this, seems to utilise multi-cores very efficiently.

Last edited: