Multi-Monitor PC and Gaming

Hey everyone, I know I posted something similar last week, But I have made some big changes and I would like to know if my new configuration is cost effective and is efficient in what I want to do. It will be a 2 monitor set up, so with that information, is there anything I change.

I will be making this order on Friday so any help between now and then would be greatly appreciated.

James

Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7950 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, SATA 3 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Power Supply
450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER (£49)
Fan Controller
AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller + 2 x Front USB
Sound Card
ASUS Xonar DS - Bring Hi-Fi spirit to your Music, Movie & Games (£39)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
2 PORT USB 3.0 INTERNAL PCI-EX CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2013 - 1 Year Licence for 1 PC (£9) *SPECIAL*
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
3 x 2 METRE DVI-D CABLE (£14)
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision
Active Display Port to DVI Adapter (3 MONITOR SETUPS) (£20)
Cable Tidy
3 x JML 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management (£10)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,307.00 including VAT and delivery.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi James,
If you are not overclocking the cpu I'd go with the triple copper heatpipe, the coolit may be a bit of an overkill for your cpu. I'd consider getting a gtx 670 rather than having the liquid cooler and fan controller. Are you planning to crossfire? Any particular reason for win7 professional?

With the current CPU, I would be clocking in at 440W at most so the 450W Power seems okay. I will also being using the PC not only for Multi-Monitor applications, but also for PC gaming as well, and with the AMD Raedon 7950, I think I have a good choice there. Plus with PC's like this I'd assume that replacing and upgrading should be easier?

My new cooler is the Triple Copper Heatpipe CPU Model (£19) If that's stable enough I will drop the Aerocool Controller as well.

As for the crossfire, Whilst I am not looking to go Dual GPU's yet. down the line I probably will, anyway due to it being a Dual Monitor Selection, all the choices for the Motherboard have the crossfire added to it, so it looks like I am safe if I want to get another GPU or not.

Good spot with the Windows 7 Pro. I assumed it was better but after some more in-depth research I downgraded to Home Premium, however with Window 8 just coming out, is it worth jumping onto that? It's the same price so I am not losing anything.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I think you may need to upgrade the CPU to crossfire e HD 7950, the motherboard you have supports SLI and crossfire, you could downgrade to the P8Z77-V LX and still has the option to crossfire. At stock clock speed the triple copper will be fine for your CPU.

Highest CPU I can choose is a i7-3770K So right now I am on a i5-3750.

Highest GPU I can choose from AMD is the 7970 so I am one below it with the 7950? So I'd assume the 7970 is the best one to choose or go to Nvidia but I prefer AMD because I have never had a problem with them, again. I assume I can remove and upgrade to a Nvidia or an AMD further down the line?

I have downgraded the Motherboard to the P8Z77-V LX so at least I can till crossfire if I wanted to in the future.

As for the Windows 8 deal, is it worth getting or shall I stick with 7?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You can switch between nvidia and AMD GPUs but if you go with the motherboard I have suggested you won't be ble to SLI. If you are planning to crossfire the HD 7970 you definitely need to upgrade the PSU. For gaming the i5 is a good choice and I'd stick with win7 and upgrade to win8 before the end of January 2013 for £14.99.

Okay, Thank you for all the help you have given me today mate, very much appreciate it. I will keep everyone in the loop of the process and hopefully by the middle of November I will be playing with my new PC =D