Multiple monitors

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
So decided to use two, cos i thought i could just watch crap on one whilst playing stuff on the other ...

i was wondering if i could duplicate the desktop, but have seperate things going on instead of mimicking each other, and the extend the screen isn't that useful when gaming, cos i set when screen at 1360 x 768 and one i game it's at 1080p so when theres a video going on on one screen and i play games on the other, the video stretches cos the resolutions are different. As in half of its on one monitor and the other half is behind the game on the other

so yeah is there a way to get two completely different things going on in the two screens but on the same desktop ?

Oh and could i use two mouses?
choc%20mousse%201.JPG

(lol prolly should just buy another pc)

Last edited:

pez

Why you would want to use
images
I have no idea :D

However, I'm sure it can be done with some form of monitor controller.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
basically my problem is this

unledqg.png

I cant fullscreen youtube... cos i'm fullscreening that game >.<

(ps. BOOM HEADSHOT)

btw how many hmdi ports are on the back of a gtx 580 ?

say if i wanted to use two tvs... instead of one tv and a pc monitor connected via a vga connection

or would i need to sli 580s?

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
I find with two monitors I can't full screen stuff because as you say its gets confused and half covers the other screen, so I just play my game in its windows mode but maximise the window, so its pretty close to full screen - course this may not help with something that insists on being full screen.